Gibson want us to fight for them!

Started by Welshman-fgn, November 06, 2011, 02:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshman-fgn

Gibson must have been hit VERY hard by the Lacey act - they now want us to fight for them. Got sent this today

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:4528.12510833051/rid:933d801856bea04703c0ba213ea7fd88

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I have to say that (PROVIDING that Gibson are telling the truth) it seems unfair for the US government to seize wood that has been exported in compliance with the local government's (India) laws.

This could be an interesting one to watch!
If you find a cure for GAS let me know!!!!!

Zummooz-fgn

Me too ..... what a joke !!  ::)

I didn't sign that 1st thing they sent me.

Better still, it looks like I can't do anything with this one. As it doesn't have Australia included ....... GOOD  ;D 
Anyway I wouldn't send a song to Gibson ...... NO BLOODY WAY !!
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Zummooz-fgn

Why I didn't sign the 1st petition, is because I'm NOT signing something I DON'T KNOW the true facts of.
(only had about 25,000)

Why I wouldn't send a song / logo or video, is because they will end up with the rights to it.
(I can't participate anyway, Australia NOT included)  :P

Ummmmmm ... I thought anything political was a NO NO on most forums !!

Knock Knock Knock ..... Quick .... hide those guitars you have with Ebony fretboards.  ;D

Voice dictation  :o  .... Now thats great !!
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

hoopyfrood

It's not illegal to grow Poppy's to make and export Opium and Heroin in Afghanistan but here in the UK it is illegal to import them. I don't think the problem is Gibson complied with India's export laws, more a case of they may have broken US import laws. If Gibson has not breached any US import requirements then they have nothing to worry about, if they have then they have probably done it knowingly.
Sorry HJ you don't get my support. If my DF has been made with illegal woods I could potentially have it confiscated without compensation.
I don't make mistakes..........I thought I did once but I was wrong.

MCK-fgn

Quote from:  hoopyfrood on November 07, 2011, 05:12:23 AM
... here in the UK...

If my DF has been made with illegal woods I could potentially have it confiscated without compensation.

Question. Is this a US problem then or are we with our DFs outside US safe, in case it is found that 'illegal' woods were used in their making...
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

hoopyfrood

I've just done a little research and we in the EU are safe as the "EU ITR" (illegal timber regulations) does not come into force until March 03 2013. However, in support of Orang-utans or any other endangered species that may have been made homeless because I bought a Gibson HJ still does not get my backing.
I don't make mistakes..........I thought I did once but I was wrong.

DF400-fgn

Hope they didn't use Morro Bay kangaroo rat carcass' or we're screwed here in California....

gumbo-fgn

DF400...You're screwed anyway, when you think of all those chemicals that cause cancer only in your State....   :P

DF400-fgn

Good point, man do I miss those lead paint chips...