Eleanor Rigby / The Zoot

Started by Zummooz-fgn, June 12, 2010, 11:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zummooz-fgn

Hi.  This is  an  old  'Aussie'  band  from  the  late  60's  early  70's  performing  the  Beatles  hit  Eleanor  Rigby.  Fantastic  version.
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Johnnyurq-fgn

Agreed that is a great version with a good unique take on the song.

I prefer these sort of cover versions over facsimile versions that are 100% like the original.

Zummooz-fgn

Actually  this  version  goes  a  bit  longer  (5.50)  with  great  lead  break  in  the  middle  but  can't  seem  to  find  it. Was  on  there  45" single  back  in  1970 

Glad  you  like  it, I  was  10yo  when  released  &  still  love  it.........Ah...Memories
Cheers

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Elantric-fgn

I love it!

I have several fave bands from down under

The Easy Beats, and "The Atlantics" among them.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

DF400-fgn

Great song and excellent cover. Love the guitar work and the harmonies. Thanks for sharing!

Zummooz-fgn

Note......Did  you  notice  the  bass  player  (left  handed  with  right  handed  guitar) !!!  Like  Jimmy  hendrix. Probable  wasn't  many  left  handed  bass  guitars  around  then !!

Glad  you  all  like........Cheers

MCK-fgn

Great band & version of a timeless song. I was curious about The Zoot so I looked them up. Here is one very interesting nugget of trivia about them... Who would have known!
guitarist singer-songwriter, Rick Springfield, who moved to the United States in   1972, achieved international fame as a solo artist, songwriter and   actor.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Johnnyurq-fgn

Now I did not know that.

Every day is a learning day.

Human Touch and Jessie's girl are the main ones I recollect. Quite good.