Fast picking with piano sound

Started by Yadrichik Chaya, June 11, 2021, 08:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yadrichik Chaya

Love the tracking on the Jamstik, this one is recorded in 200 bpm no quantize or anything like that. :) I can play the same thing in 220 bpm with no glitches, wrong notes etc. :)

ITL

Wow, super clean playing and tracking!  Hope you are willing to share what software (vst/au) piano did you use and did you need to adjust velocities and note triggering thresholds as well as turn off pitch bend?.  I know in Apple's Mainstage, when you adjust the note thresholds on high attack sounds like pianos up from 0 to between 20-30, it makes a big difference in cutting down tracking and ghost note issues.
Well done!
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: ITL on June 11, 2021, 08:20:48 AM
Wow, super clean playing and tracking!  Hope you are willing to share what software (vst/au) piano did you use and did you need to adjust velocities and note triggering thresholds as well as turn off pitch bend?.  I know in Apple's Mainstage, when you adjust the note thresholds on high attack sounds like pianos up from 0 to between 20-30, it makes a big difference in cutting down tracking and ghost note issues.
Well done!

Thank you!  ;D I didn't do much if anything at all when it comes to adjusting velocities and note triggering thresholds or turning off pitch bend. Really a direct plug & play experience using this Kontakt Library: https://www.fluffyaudio.com/shop/mypiano/ :)
(Strings is SWAM V2 - Will soon upgrade to V3 - Think it will be great with the Jamstik!)
That is why I love the Jamstik and see no real reason for paying 3000 euro ($3500) for a "more advanced" Midi guitar... ;)

Also loading a Clavinet sound on the ipad and just playing via bluetooth is insane since there is no mistriggering and one can do really nasty funky stuff ;)

chrish

I'm finally exploring guitar triggered midi piano samples since purchasing a Willcox Atlantis Hexfx guitar (its no where near $3500 to get superb tracking results).

Your composition (which is really nice BTW)could easily pass for  a keyboard. Did you lay down the low end piano and then add the higher notes?

Sure would like to see a video of you doing this.

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: chrish on June 11, 2021, 10:35:42 AM
I'm finally exploring guitar triggered midi piano samples since purchasing a Willcox Atlantis Hexfx guitar (its no where near $3500 to get superb tracking results).

Your composition (which is really nice BTW)could easily pass for  a keyboard. Did you lay down the low end piano and then add the higher notes?

Sure would like to see a video of you doing this.

Wow! https://www.willcoxguitars.com/product/atlantis-hexfx-guitar/ Such a beautiful Guitar! :D Thanks :) Exactly, two different piano parts, the low end part panned a little to the left.

I will post videos sooner or later with the Jamstik in action! Also extreme speed picking videos with a normal guitar! ;) Picking extremly fast is really what I'm best at when it comes to playing guitar so doing stuff at say 220 bpm and still getting good results with the Jamstik has left me very impressed with it.

But when it comes to the really really extreme speeds I still prefer a normal guitar because the nuances are not there with midi or sampled sounds.  ;D