FX1 FX2...

Started by MrClóvis, April 10, 2021, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrClóvis

INTRO
Hi! Excuse me, I wasn't going to post, but after watching dozen of videos, reading, searching about FAQs I've found gumtowns' BTS version.

BACKGROUND
• I am learning how to compose using a DAW called LMNS;
• My goal is to just play along my own track using GT1-b as an audio interface, but layering some loops to spice it up;

QUESTION
Knowing I would probably end up simulating a synth or two, how can I expand the FX1/2 potential beyond? I did download a synthsizer called Dexed and after hearing out of (BANKS. T), I concluded a hardship to reproduce nearly the same of it with only two FXs slots inside GT1-b. Also... The synthFX sucks so bad, it clips a lot, is there a solution to fix that using the Gumtowns' application?
This is it! I already quit about the idea of bass>MIDI method, I hate playing out of synchronization. Not sure about windows virtual synth pedals yet.

If I ended up posting this at the wrong session please accept my sorry.

gumtown

FxFloorBoard editor is a tool to help with the functions and parameters already in the GT-1B, it won't add more.

Sounds like you need something different, look at the Boss SY-1 synth pedal, depending on your budget, there is also the SY-300, and the SY-1000.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MrClóvis

Thank you!  :)
I wasn't expecting to receive reply that soon. But, unfortunately not, I don't have any money left to spare on gear purchasing by now...
But before posting, I read the other thread where some guys are talking about MIDI, DX7 and SYX... Is this file editable or something?

In fact I am only trying to get a phaser on the top of another two FXs, this literally will satisfy my intentions for sure. I know some combinations stack in a different perspective too, but still...

gumtown

You could look at software VST effects plugins to use real time with your DAW, using the GT-1B as a USB soundcard interface for the audio in/out.
DX7 is an old 1980's Yamaha FM keyboard.
midi and syx are communication protocols for many musical devices, GT-1B uses midi and syx to communicate with the editor.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MrClóvis

Hey, I noticed the "Boss GT-1B - User to User Patch Exchange" session is empty, but here is another question: Is it possible to patch up in GT-1BFxFloorBoard through off-line mode? Like, taking a recorded note and starting from it.

gumtown

Quote from: MrClóvis on April 11, 2021, 11:38:26 PM
Hey, I noticed the "Boss GT-1B - User to User Patch Exchange" session is empty, but here is another question: Is it possible to patch up in GT-1BFxFloorBoard through off-line mode? Like, taking a recorded note and starting from it.

An editor only accesses and controls the settings parameters in the GT-1B, it does not do any audio DSP processing itself, just an extension of the GT-1B virtual knobs.