Boss Katana 50 MK1 & FS-6 Pedal question...

Started by elkabong, September 25, 2022, 11:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elkabong

Hi;
I'm new here, so apologies if this question has already been asked here....

So I have a Boss Katana 50 MK1 & FS-6 Pedal. In this attached Youtube video below, this guy shows you how to use this pedal with this amp.

I get the 1st part. using the "B" pedal for switching between Ch1 & Ch2. But where I get lost is the 2nd part, (at 2:30 mark in the video) where he says with the "A" pedal, (in combination with the "B" pedal), you can get into "Bank 1 & Bank 2".

My question is how do you do that? He just kind of 'glosses over' it...Where even is there a "Bank1 & Bank 2" in this amp???

Any help would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqu82m2Pf00&list=WL&index=6

gumtown

You can download the Katana user manual from the Boss website.
It explains briefly how that works.

The Katana 50 actually has 5 channels to use.
Panel
A1
A2
B1
B2
To access between the A and B banks, while the amp channel buttons are on 1 or 2, a 3 second press of the Panel button will flip between the A & B banks.
When in Bank A the respective vhannel button is lit but not the Panel button.
When in Bank B the selected channel button is lit and the Panel button flashes.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

elkabong

Ah. Thanks!

I do have the manual, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have this info in it?

Cheers!

elkabong

Quote from: gumtown on September 25, 2022, 01:21:04 PMYou can download the Katana user manual from the Boss website.
It explains briefly how that works.

The Katana 50 actually has 5 channels to use.
Panel
A1
A2
B1
B2
To access between the A and B banks, while the amp channel buttons are on 1 or 2, a 3 second press of the Panel button will flip between the A & B banks.
When in Bank A the respective vhannel button is lit but not the Panel button.
When in Bank B the selected channel button is lit and the Panel button flashes.

Hi again;

Well, I tried what you said too do, but I'm still a bit 'lost'...

You had said-
"To access between the A and B banks, while the amp channel buttons are on 1 or 2, a 3 second press of the Panel button will flip between the A & B banks.
When in Bank A the respective channel button is lit but not the Panel button.
When in Bank B the selected channel button is lit and the Panel button flashes."

So my question now is; How do you 'lock in' the A & B banks? So that when using the FS-6 pedal you can actually access all 4 of these 'sounds'?

So to simplify it say Ch1- is 'clean', Ch2 is 'crunch', Then A bank is 'acoustic' & B bank is 'brown'. I don't know how to 'lock in' the A& B banks that I can access them with the A & B buttons on the FS-6 pedal??

Thanks again!

admin

Quote from: elkabong on September 26, 2022, 10:38:30 AMHi again;

Well, I tried what you said too do, but I'm still a bit 'lost'...

You had said-
"To access between the A and B banks, while the amp channel buttons are on 1 or 2, a 3 second press of the Panel button will flip between the A & B banks.
When in Bank A the respective channel button is lit but not the Panel button.
When in Bank B the selected channel button is lit and the Panel button flashes."

So my question now is; How do you 'lock in' the A & B banks? So that when using the FS-6 pedal you can actually access all 4 of these 'sounds'?

So to simplify it say Ch1- is 'clean', Ch2 is 'crunch', Then A bank is 'acoustic' & B bank is 'brown'. I don't know how to 'lock in' the A& B banks that I can access them with the A & B buttons on the FS-6 pedal??

Thanks again!

elkabong

Yes. This is the same video that I posted in my OP.

He just kind of 'glosses over' it...But doesn't really explain how to 'set up' the Bank 1 & Bank 2?....He just says 'pushing the A button on the pedal gets you there???

admin

Follow details here for Katana Firmware 2.02 wifh Roland FS-6 dual footswith use

https://www.boss.info/us/support/knowledge_base/115005893586/

Connect using a 1/4" TRS Stereo Cable from the Foot Switch A+B JACK to the KATANA-50

FOOT CONTROL JACK located on the KATANA-50 back panel.

Set the FS-6 or FS-7 to LATCH MODE.

Functionality and normal operation will be as follows for the FS-6 or FS-7:

FS-6 switch A = Press [ A ] for BANK UP/DOWN.

NOTE: KATANA LED indicators for CHANNEL and PANEL will be lit, CHANNEL (number 1 or 2) will be SOLID RED and PANEL will be blinking RED, this is the visual designation for BANK B.

FS-6 switch B = Press [ B ] for Channel Switching, CH 1A/2A and CH 1B/2B.

NOTE: When in BANK A or BANK B, pressing the Foot Switch [ B ] will toggle between Channels 1 and 2.