Spotted a red G-505 (and a GR-700), no cables, at local shop today

Started by mooncaine, March 21, 2021, 02:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

Is this the right subforum to post that I found a G-505 and a GR-700 for sale in a local store? I thought I'd help my fellow players here and let 'em know about it.
Today I saw a red metallic finished Roland GR-505 guitar, paired with a GR-700, in a case at a local Sam Ash on Cobb Parkway in Marietta, Georgia (USA). I'm sure they'd love to get rid of these. They don't have a 24-pin cable. Guitar looks good (I didn't get my grubby COVID hands all over it because I am sure I don't want it for myself). GR-700 looks, well, used.
A nice fellow named Elliott, working there, was glad to hear I knew something about it, and for the opportunity to get that stuff out of his store, so I told him about this forum and offered to tell you, here, about the gear. I know some folks are looking for these guitars occasionally. In a different world, I might have bought it, but I gots no appetite for messing with 24-pin cables.

mooncaine

Hmm, I see that the listing says they have cables. I wonder.

Anyway, I'd make an offer if I wanted it, because in that part of town, they're gonna have trouble selling it. Really, in any part of any town. Definitely has a select appeal. They should come down on the price and get rid of that boat anchor.

chrish

That would be a good thread: what pieces of old gear would be the best boat anchor and or door stop.

I have a Red 505 with a Rosewood neck and Two hex pups, one being a GK3. The pickups have been changed out. It's my main guitar now. The pickups make a difference, the stock pickups don't sound that good in my opinion.

Prices on this stuff has gone way up lately, especially the GR300.

ffata

That version of 24 pin cable is one of the better ones. (if it works!) All metal connections and the two buttons on each side. I have one long and a short one for my older system, GM-70. Better connection than the Roland connector. I still have a Roland version as well. And much better than the plastic ones.

https://www.joness.com/gr300/cables.htm

Antonuzzo

Quote from: chrish on March 21, 2021, 04:05:49 PM
That would be a good thread: what pieces of old gear would be the best boat anchor and or door stop.

Well, the VG-8 is going to win on the doorstop front. For a boat anchor, an Alesis Fusion 8HD (58lbs) would suit most vessels up to an aircraft carrier; for that, a VGA-7 would do the trick. 82lbs!!