Same mount for Wireless vs Connect?

Started by retropunk, March 20, 2021, 08:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retropunk

Hello, everyone. I have been using the FTP wireless and it's great.
I'd like to get the Connect and I see that the pickup is almost identical.
Can someone tell me if I can use the wireless mount with the Connect pickup?
I had the wireless mount specially fitted to my guitar and I'm hoping I don't have to change the mount if I don't need to. I'm hoping the Connect pickup with fit into the Wireless mount so I can use both when needed. :)

Also, can someone tell me how long the cable is on the Connect? I plan to use it live.

Thanks everyone!

Dalai_llama

Quote from: retropunk
Also, can someone tell me how long the cable is on the Connect? I plan to use it live.

retropunk,

It runs at 2.5 metres if I'm not mistaken.

But the thing to bear in mind is that USB 2.0 cables are limited to 5 metres (~16 feet), so the TP Connect is only an option for playing live if you don't move around the stage -- preferably playing while seated.

retropunk

Thats great thanks guys! For the few songs I'll be using it on I will be sitting too so that helps.
I'm going to order the Connect this week. Thanks everyone!

kevorkian

Quote from: Dalai_llama on March 20, 2021, 12:26:07 PM
retropunk,

It runs at 2.5 metres if I'm not mistaken.

But the thing to bear in mind is that USB 2.0 cables are limited to 5 metres (~16 feet), so the TP Connect is only an option for playing live if you don't move around the stage -- preferably playing while seated.

One way around that would be to use a usb repeater to double the distance

Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Active Extension Repeater Cable, USB-A (M/F), 5 Meter (16 ft.) (U026-016), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D6QJO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TCNEB66EYX8KS0V7R19S

retropunk

I'll see how the provided cable works first. Thanks for the reply!

retropunk

Hey guys, just wanted to report back. I had my Variax setup with the Connect and used it ay my gig last week. It worked EXCELLENT!
I created 3 patches in SampleTank and it was totally killer. I'm super excited to do more with it!
I've attached a quick sample from the show too if anyone is interested. :)

While I enjoy SampleTank so far, has anyone been using other iOS synths? KORG, Syntronik etc?
I'm curious what else is out there that works well with Fishman via iPad.

Thanks guys!