Boss Tone Studio for Android work on Chromebook?

Started by rmontero, March 10, 2021, 05:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmontero

Hi!

I would like to know if the application works on a chromebook.

Thanks.

gumtown

Not without some programming modification, as Chromebook does not tun a full version of Linux.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

Quote from: gumtown on March 10, 2021, 07:41:19 AM
Not without some programming modification, as Chromebook does not tun a full version of Linux.

Despite the rage with college kid - Only specific Chromebook models might work (Samsung Chromebook plus
www.samsung.com
XE513C24I Chromebooks - XE513C24-K01US |
- only the ones that can access the official Google Play Store.
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/chromebooks/12-14/xe513c24-k01us-xe513c24-k01us/

But next hurdle is owning a Chromebook with a compatible BLE Bluetooth built in -

I've since dropped the Samsung Chromebook Plus for an older more capable Samsung Galaxy TAB S3 - with Android 9 - more functional with ALL my Android apps - My only complaint with Galaxy TAB S3 is it does not support hardware to HDMI cables  - but it works for my USB Class Compliant Audio / MIDI  gear   

admin

Quote from: admin on March 10, 2021, 09:16:57 AM
Despite the rage with college kid - Only specific Chromebook models might work (Samsung Chromebook plus
www.samsung.com
XE513C24I Chromebooks - XE513C24-K01US |
- only the ones that can access the official Google Play Store.
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/chromebooks/12-14/xe513c24-k01us-xe513c24-k01us/

But next hurdle is owning a Chromebook with a compatible BLE Bluetooth built in -

I've since dropped the Samsung Chromebook Plus for an older more capable Samsung Galaxy TAB S3 - with Android 9 - more functional with ALL my Android apps - My only complaint with Galaxy TAB S3 is it does not support hardware to HDMI cables  - but it works for my USB Class Compliant Audio / MIDI  gear

Just an Update,
No There is no Chromebook Boss Tone Studio -yet)
I dusted off and updated my 2018 era Samsung Chromebook Plus
(Chrome version 89.0.5389.130)

And it's become a very capable machine for basic non music  tasks (like gear forums, web hosted apps.
Has dual USB-C ports , SD card slot. 2400×1600 touchscreen
Turns out it supports Bluetooth LE - so NUX MIGHTY AMP app (android) connects wirelessly and allows me to edit my NUX Mighty Plug and Mighty AIR amp.

Google infrastructure with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and latest Google Keep for note taking and using  Evernote to maintain running to do lists Kindle Books,  and use Read Aloud plug in to read all web pages or Kindle cloud reader books as I solder in lab.

I can finally navigate to all my locally stored files - (*one finger sweep up from bottom of screen reveals all Files, Apps) it was a battle for me as my local friends with chromebooks always work in the cloud and always on internet and they barely understood the navigation to local resources -after Chrome OS update its a different machine ,   I can work and be productive offline and store my files to the SD card

Excellent support for the built in Samsung Pen for jotting quick graphic ideas
Flips over to become an iPad Tablet type experience -dual stereo speakers and is lightweight and runs a day or two between charges.
I find I prefer it over my iPad Pro -which i
I use  only for music making

GF just got the Covid Vaccination and they were using same Samsung Chromebook Plus for mobile check in outdoors.
this thing runs a long time  between charges and has a nice track pad (missing on the Samsung S3 tablet  keyboard ) and supports USB Class Compliant hardware  and since it is the ARM CPU  version, it also  runs most Android apps too.
Got it as a refurbished nearly 4 years ago cheaper than same machine sells for used today.
Lesson learned,  New software updates can make all the difference in the User experience, and value of the hardware it runs on

PAH

Mobile BTS for GT-1000 (Android) works fine on my Acer R11 Chromebook.  The only limitation is that it won't go fullscreen in landscape mode, it only runs in portrait mode, but it does that on my Android phone, too.