GR-50- Some questions I would like to solve

Started by ring_modulator, February 20, 2021, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ring_modulator

Hi there, I'm really astonished with the lush sound of gr-50 so I'm looking for buying one.

Anyway I would like to ask some questions to users of gr-50 to see if somebody could help with the doubts I have.

First of all, the main question I have is about functionality and condition of the machine. I own a tape echo and I have experience with vintage equipment with irreparable failures. Anybody knows about if gr-50 has any irreparable failure/s?

Besides, If I finally bought a gr-50 I would have to use the gr-50 with a gk-3. Would I have any problem if I use a gr-50 with a gk-3?

Another important question: I'm always pending of the use of the blend and volume knobs in my analog pedals. The use of blend and volume knobs in my guitar pedals are an essential feature for me. I see gr-50 has a volume pot in front side, but, what about the blend? Is possible to control the dry/wet signal of the gr-50?

The last question I would like to solve is the following. I would like to know if it's possible to find racks which fits with gr-50 dimensions.
I apologise the huge amount of questions, but I want to consider if the purchase of the gr-50 is a right decission for me.

Greetings!

chrish

I have two GR50's and both still work fine. You may have to change the memory battery but I  don't know if they were prone to any specific breakdowns.

I've used a gk3 without problems with the gr50.  The gr 50 fits in a standard 19 inch rack.

And welcome to the forum.

ring_modulator

Thanks for your comments Chrish. What about the blend? I'm studying to add the gr-50 to other equipment so this issue it's an important question to consider.

admin

Quote from: ring_modulator on February 20, 2021, 04:49:25 PM
Thanks for your comments Chrish. What about the blend? I'm studying to add the gr-50 to other equipment so this issue it's an important question to consider.

Pedalboard Mixer
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25039.25

ring_modulator