Everything wrong in migration to new pc

Started by dimsonic, January 04, 2021, 03:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimsonic

Happy New Year to all
I have been using FTP for 4 years now and had set it correctly on a laptop all with most recent version and changes after Synthmaster additions.
Now I have a new pc and have been trying to install it there, so far with no results.
First of all I do not want to install synthmaster.
Anyway I did everything as described, FTP is installed and I get the Factory Patches folder which of course has nothing in it.
I go on with Komplete Start and nothing is installed.
I try to point to where I have put the Komplete Start Triple play patches and the do not load reporting "cannot find Kontakt or Guritar Rig 5"
EastWest loads a bulk of useless not working grayed "demos" and the teaser pack does not load either.
Of course I cannot find a way to load The old patches I had with version 1.4 which in July were named Legacy.

In a few words I end up with nothing.
I have tried the installation 3 times already with no success.
Can someone please guide me through this nightmare?

ampedup

I bought a used tripleplay and bought the the software from fishman and it was a complete waste of money. It was an absolute nightmare to try and get it to work and when it did I found none of it useful in any way. I would say don't waste your time. There's a lot of good free and cheap plugin instruments out there. I like Xpand2 for synth stuff, there's lots of free great sounding pianos.

dimsonic

Quote from: ampedup on January 05, 2021, 07:24:43 AM
I bought a used tripleplay and bought the the software from fishman and it was a complete waste of money. It was an absolute nightmare to try and get it to work and when it did I found none of it useful in any way. I would say don't waste your time. There's a lot of good free and cheap plugin instruments out there. I like Xpand2 for synth stuff, there's lots of free great sounding pianos.

I don't know what you mean by complete waste of money.
The hardware itself is OK.
Yes it was (and still is) a nightmare to get it work, but if you do you can do  nice things with it.
Patches are not anything exceptional, but you can find some pretty good ones and I did and used some of them, but now unfortunately I cannot install them to the new computer. I don't like the idea to spend time on tayloring something else to replace them in completed projects.

jjordanFishman

There are a few misconceptions in your post and I want to try and help you clear them up.  The TriplePlay software is a VST plugin host application, so you have to install the VST plugins in order for them to work.  The TriplePlay Patch Libraries are a set a of presets that load particular VST plugin's and the VST plugin presets into the TriplePlay software, the TriplePlay libraries do not contain the sound content or the VST plugin software.
In order to get Komplete Start working in the TriplePlay software, you have to go to the Native Instruments website, login to your Native Instruments user account, and request Komplete Start.  You can do that here:  https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/
If you have the legacy content from your other computer you can copy it to your new computer, but you will have to reactivate the VST plugins with the activation software provided by the manufacturer.  Native Instruments requires the Native Access app and IKMultimedia requires the IK Activation app.
Hope this helps!

dimsonic

Quote from: jjordanFishman on January 06, 2021, 10:07:02 AM
There are a few misconceptions in your post and I want to try and help you clear them up.  The TriplePlay software is a VST plugin host application, so you have to install the VST plugins in order for them to work.  The TriplePlay Patch Libraries are a set a of presets that load particular VST plugin's and the VST plugin presets into the TriplePlay software, the TriplePlay libraries do not contain the sound content or the VST plugin software.
In order to get Komplete Start working in the TriplePlay software, you have to go to the Native Instruments website, login to your Native Instruments user account, and request Komplete Start.  You can do that here:  https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/
If you have the legacy content from your other computer you can copy it to your new computer, but you will have to reactivate the VST plugins with the activation software provided by the manufacturer.  Native Instruments requires the Native Access app and IKMultimedia requires the IK Activation app.
Hope this helps!

thanks for the answer but I guess it does not help.
Facts:
1. I can get tripleplay as a midi controler run in the new pc
2. I can get synthmaster run ok as well
3. I can get all the third parties run and get authorized as before BUT ONLY IN STAND ALONE MODE.
4. In tripleplay as standalone or in a daw the patched do not appear.

I hope it is clear now.
What I need to know is
What do we install first, what second etc and what do we have to do in between to get them right.

How can I get the patches from the old pc?
a. where do I find them?
b. where do I copy them?

thanks in advance

FishmanSoftware

Hi dimsonic,

I'm not sure is going wrong, but maybe you need to scan for plugins in the TriplePlay software? Let me know if they show up when you scan for them.

Here is a brief description of how it works:
1) The TriplePlay software scans for available plugins, and then any it successfully finds are available for use.
2) If we have created patches for a particular plugin, you can install them as a TriplePlay patch library. You can find all of the available patch libraries in your Documents folder, in a folder called TriplePlay libraries. You can install a patch library from the Options menu in the main window, or from the Options menu in the Patches window.
3) If we have not created a patch library for a plugin, you can create patches yourself, and you can actually save your user patches as a patch library to share with others by choosing "Export user patches..." from the Options menu in the Patches window.
4) If the plugin appears to scan, but the patches from the patch library are in red, it means that the version of the plugin you have installed is incompatible with the data in our patch library. For example, our factory legacy SampleTank patches work with SampleTank v3.

Let me know here how it works, hope it helps!

dimsonic

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on January 07, 2021, 02:15:46 PM
Hi dimsonic,

I'm not sure is going wrong, but maybe you need to scan for plugins in the TriplePlay software? Let me know if they show up when you scan for them.

Here is a brief description of how it works:
1) The TriplePlay software scans for available plugins, and then any it successfully finds are available for use.
2) If we have created patches for a particular plugin, you can install them as a TriplePlay patch library. You can find all of the available patch libraries in your Documents folder, in a folder called TriplePlay libraries. You can install a patch library from the Options menu in the main window, or from the Options menu in the Patches window.
3) If we have not created a patch library for a plugin, you can create patches yourself, and you can actually save your user patches as a patch library to share with others by choosing "Export user patches..." from the Options menu in the Patches window.
4) If the plugin appears to scan, but the patches from the patch library are in red, it means that the version of the plugin you have installed is incompatible with the data in our patch library. For example, our factory legacy SampleTank patches work with SampleTank v3.

Let me know here how it works, hope it helps!

thanks for your interest but...
of course I did scan for plugins
of course I tried to add libraries.
what I end up with is:
1. Kontakt and guitar rig are working as stand alone apps, even with some things I had on the old pc missing
2. Tripleplay loads and plays only synthmaster patches
3. Tripleplay cannot load kontakt or legacy patches reporting that it "cannot find kontakt and guitar rig 5"

I understand that some apps are not now available for downloading i.e. sampletank, but it frustrates me that kontakt runs ok outside tripleplay but I cannot access it from inside the app

What I would really like to know is where does tripleplay search for kontakt so maybe I can point to it.

I have been wasting my time for some 10 days now and I am thinking about dumping the whole tripleplay idea. I must go on producing and not debugging.

Dalai_llama

Hi dimsonic,

In cases such as yours, it is helpful for us in the forum to learn more about your setup. I assume you're using a PC based on the thread title, but some people refer to any computer as a "pc" (including Macs).

Maybe if you could offer a view of your setup, that would help us forum members -- including those who actually work for Fishman, like one of the respondents here. For instance: if you have your Native libraries in an external/secondary drive, as opposed to the system drive (which is a huge issue with Native stuff); the path to your plugins; your new OS and where you're coming from; the audio/midi routing in your computer and its interface; and so forth. For instance, I once installed a library on a different Volume and, even pointing the VST scan to the proper location did not make it work. But it wasn't FTP's problem, it was the authoriser that ran on background that caused the problem. Also, I was using an audio interface that, unless connected and running before starting FTP, would not pass any audio even after selecting in from the system menu. So that kind of weird stuff happens.

Otherwise, if you'd rather not offer this kind of information here, you can reach out to Fishman Support directly.

HTH.

dimsonic

Quote from: Dalai_llama on January 08, 2021, 02:50:10 AM
Hi dimsonic,

In cases such as yours, it is helpful for us in the forum to learn more about your setup. I assume you're using a PC based on the thread title, but some people refer to any computer as a "pc" (including Macs).

Maybe if you could offer a view of your setup, that would help us forum members -- including those who actually work for Fishman, like one of the respondents here. For instance: if you have your Native libraries in an external/secondary drive, as opposed to the system drive (which is a huge issue with Native stuff); the path to your plugins; your new OS and where you're coming from; the audio/midi routing in your computer and its interface; and so forth. For instance, I once installed a library on a different Volume and, even pointing the VST scan to the proper location did not make it work. But it wasn't FTP's problem, it was the authoriser that ran on background that caused the problem. Also, I was using an audio interface that, unless connected and running before starting FTP, would not pass any audio even after selecting in from the system menu. So that kind of weird stuff happens.

Otherwise, if you'd rather not offer this kind of information here, you can reach out to Fishman Support directly.

HTH.

I'll be glad to provide you with the info you ask.

Old pc is a Dell Inspiron i5 with 7200u cpu, 8gb ram and 1tb hd
New pc is a built on a Ryzen5 3600XT, with 16gb ram, 500gb M2 ssd, and a 1650 graphics adapter
Both run windows 10, mainly with Cubase 10.5 pro.
Native Lbraries are installed where Tripleplay sends them - I change nothing. Everything default. System drive of course. There is no other at the moment.
Sound card is a RME Babyface ProFS. Midi keyboard a Nektar LX49. Tripleplay adaptor is plugged in a usb port (tried them all 2.0 up to 3.2).
Everything was running on the laptop like a dream, even after the transition to the 1.15 version last July.

I get audio. There is no such problem.
Kontakt runs and plays standalone.
So does Guitar Rig 5.
Everything is installed by leaving the installer do its job. No interfering.
Besides the new synthmaster patches, everything else does not load, it is RED and kontakt and GuitarRig is reported missing. (that's why they go red).

I'm constantly on emailing with someone in Firshman, but yet no significant progress.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: dimsonic on January 08, 2021, 03:09:31 AM

I'll be glad to provide you with the info you ask.

Old pc is a Dell Inspiron i5 with 7200u cpu, 8gb ram and 1tb hd
New pc is a built on a Ryzen5 3600XT, with 16gb ram, 500gb M2 ssd, and a 1650 graphics adapter
Both run windows 10, mainly with Cubase 10.5 pro.
Native Lbraries are installed where Tripleplay sends them - I change nothing. Everything default. System drive of course. There is no other at the moment.
Sound card is a RME Babyface ProFS. Midi keyboard a Nektar LX49. Tripleplay adaptor is plugged in a usb port (tried them all 2.0 up to 3.2).
Everything was running on the laptop like a dream, even after the transition to the 1.15 version last July.

I get audio. There is no such problem.
Kontakt runs and plays standalone.
So does Guitar Rig 5.
Everything is installed by leaving the installer do its job. No interfering.
Besides the new synthmaster patches, everything else does not load, it is RED and kontakt and GuitarRig is reported missing. (that's why they go red).

I'm constantly on emailing with someone in Firshman, but yet no significant progress.

Sorry about my last question, I now see that you just told us that the patches appear in red. Most likely the problem is either about search paths for scanning plugins, or the versions of Kontakt and Guitar Rig. I will try to help to figure it out. Select a Kontakt patch that is not working. If you click and hold the red button beneath the fader for Split1, a drop down menu will appear. Tell me what you see for Kontakt and Guitar Rig; what is displayed if anything? Does it say "Kontakt 5"? Or does it say "Kontakt" or something else? Based on your answer I will try to push through to a solution. Our legacy library currently only supports Kontakt 5. The new libraries for Komplete Start support the latest Kontakt, assuming you have obtained and installed Komplete Start from the NI website.

dimsonic

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on January 08, 2021, 09:26:27 AM
Sorry about my last question, I now see that you just told us that the patches appear in red. Most likely the problem is either about search paths for scanning plugins, or the versions of Kontakt and Guitar Rig. I will try to help to figure it out. Select a Kontakt patch that is not working. If you click and hold the red button beneath the fader for Split1, a drop down menu will appear. Tell me what you see for Kontakt and Guitar Rig; what is displayed if anything? Does it say "Kontakt 5"? Or does it say "Kontakt" or something else? Based on your answer I will try to push through to a solution. Our legacy library currently only supports Kontakt 5. The new libraries for Komplete Start support the latest Kontakt, assuming you have obtained and installed Komplete Start from the NI website.

It would really help me if I knew where the files, libraries etc should be located (by default) for tripleplay to find them.

Today I watched very closely during installation and while Kontakt was being installed I saw that libraries were sent to a vstplugin folder within a program files\cakewalk\vstplugins instead of program files\vstplugins. This folder was prompted by the installation program and was not put there by myself. Strange though is that I had uninstalled cakewalk.
Anyway I transfered the files to the program files\vstplugins and some of them were discovered and now running. Now I understand that the remaining red ones are those related to guitarig5 (patches that had combined plugins) and of course sampletank.

I do not understand this because in my old pc everything that is Kontakt 5 Kontakt 6 Reaktor 5 Reaktor 6 were all installed and running even if some patches were available only to a specific plugin.

Now the things you ask.
For example a red one I get is "blues organ". I get this red because it cannot find guitarig5. It plays only the part of the Kontakt5 which shows with a tick in the drop down menu, while guitarig5 does not show at all. (yet guitarig has been installed and plays in stand alone mode)

Also some of my own user patches related to Reaktor5 are in white but they suggest to upgrade saying "this file was saved with a newer version of Reaktor 5. Please update your software". For these the dropdown menu shows Raktor5 with a tick.
I don't know if this helps.

So I come back to the beginning. If I know where tripleplay wants them to be I can try to somehow fix them.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: dimsonic on January 08, 2021, 10:41:05 AM
It would really help me if I knew where the files, libraries etc should be located (by default) for tripleplay to find them.

Today I watched very closely during installation and while Kontakt was being installed I saw that libraries were sent to a vstplugin folder within a program files\cakewalk\vstplugins instead of program files\vstplugins. This folder was prompted by the installation program and was not put there by myself. Strange though is that I had uninstalled cakewalk.
Anyway I transfered the files to the program files\vstplugins and some of them were discovered and now running. Now I understand that the remaining red ones are those related to guitarig5 (patches that had combined plugins) and of course sampletank.

I do not understand this because in my old pc everything that is Kontakt 5 Kontakt 6 Reaktor 5 Reaktor 6 were all installed and running even if some patches were available only to a specific plugin.

Now the things you ask.
For example a red one I get is "blues organ". I get this red because it cannot find guitarig5. It plays only the part of the Kontakt5 which shows with a tick in the drop down menu, while guitarig5 does not show at all. (yet guitarig has been installed and plays in stand alone mode)

Also some of my own user patches related to Reaktor5 are in white but they suggest to upgrade saying "this file was saved with a newer version of Reaktor 5. Please update your software". For these the dropdown menu shows Raktor5 with a tick.
I don't know if this helps.

So I come back to the beginning. If I know where tripleplay wants them to be I can try to somehow fix them.
By default, on Windows, TriplePlay should be searching in the folder "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins" and also the folder "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins". If you click and hold the red button below the fader for Split 1, you will see an item "Scan for Plugins...", choose this, then you will see a window displaying the plugins that have been found so far. Then check "Rescan all plugins" at the bottom of the window, then click Scan for plugins using the button right next to that. Now you will see a window showing the paths that are about to be scanned. You can use the + button to add another path if you want. But I understand that you are going to try to relocate any missing plugins into the correct folder, which is better in my opinion than adding another search path. I walked you through all of this so you could verify that it is indeed set up to scan the two paths I mentioned. I apologize that the "Scan for Plugins..." in the Options menu does not walk you through these pages, but I think the intention was to keep it simple for folks when it is working.

yamex5

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on January 08, 2021, 09:26:27 AM
... Our legacy library currently only supports Kontakt 5. The new libraries for Komplete Start support the latest Kontakt, assuming you have obtained and installed Komplete Start from the NI website.

I have to say that the demo of Fishman's legacy samples is what sold me on Fishman TriplePlay, not the cheesy Synthmaster one patches.
The Fishman TriplePlay web page points us to the latest Native Instrument software download, never mentioning that it is incompatible with the legacy library.
Since Fishman is leveraging it's software against Native Instruments, why aren't you updating your software to work with NI's latest drivers?
Can you point me to any documentation that lists the steps necessary to successfully use the Legacy library?

Thank you,
-Mike

alexmcginness

I bought a Triple play a couple of years ago and it took me ( not kidding ) two years to get the included sounds installed and "semi" working with it. I just use it with the main software that give you the basic functions inside the DAW. It works good for that.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

jjordanFishman

Quote from: yamex5 on December 02, 2021, 09:33:03 PM
I have to say that the demo of Fishman's legacy samples is what sold me on Fishman TriplePlay, not the cheesy Synthmaster one patches.
The Fishman TriplePlay web page points us to the latest Native Instrument software download, never mentioning that it is incompatible with the legacy library.
Since Fishman is leveraging it's software against Native Instruments, why aren't you updating your software to work with NI's latest drivers?
Can you point me to any documentation that lists the steps necessary to successfully use the Legacy library?

Thank you,
-Mike

Hi Yamex5,

The Legacy Library will only work if you have the original NI Komplete Elements installation that was offered with the TriplePlay several years ago.  NI discontinued the Komplete Elements package because the licensing contract they had with other 3rd party sound designers had expired.  If you have the original installation that Fishman provided *AND* you had registered an account with NI *AND* activated the NI products before Jan 2019, then the original installation will install the plugins and you will be able to activate them on your new computer.
If you had never done any of the above before Jan 2019, then you will not be able to gain access to the legacy library patches.  The Legacy Library in the TriplePlay software is not the actual plugin or any of the sounds, it is just a set of commands meant to tell the software what plugin and preset to open.
There is nothing that Fishman can do to get the original Legacy Library of sounds because it has to do with NI discontinuing software that they can no longer distribute because of a licensing issue.
With that said, there are many free plugins and sounds, one of which is NI's Komplete Start.  Since you like organic instruments, you might also check out the free sounds from Spitfire Audio, Labs.  There's a lot of great sounds in Labs, though I should note that those sounds can only run in Poly Mode on the TriplePlay and do not have any pitch-bend controls so you won't be able to bend strings with those sounds, but that said they are very good.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jason