FC-1 Bank Change

Started by Blueswaite, June 04, 2023, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueswaite

Have the Korg Krome my saved patches are in bank D when I hit patch up or down switch to change patch it changes but reverts back to bank A. Anyway to make it stay in Bank D
Thanks

Elantric

FC-1 Must transmit a MIDI Bank Change command  -often a MIDI CC#0 (value) with MIDI Program Change command 

Blueswaite

Checking with Fishman not sure if FC-1 can send bank change. I'll see if Krome will let me save to bank A but I don't think so.
Thanks

Elantric

Quote from: Blueswaite on June 04, 2023, 01:38:08 PMChecking with Fishman not sure if FC-1 can send bank change. I'll see if Krome will let me save to bank A but I don't think so.
Thanks

Transmitting  a MIDI Bank Change command  -often a MIDI CC#0 (value) with MIDI Program Change command has become a mandatory function for MIDI FOOT CONTROLLERS  - Fishman should address

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

Others experience with FC-1 MIDI Bank change here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13447.325#msg156305

Blueswaite

Well good thing for now I can save my patches to bank A. Only need about a dozen slots. Few EPS, Organs and Strings / Pads.
First 12 patches only a few patches I liked moved them and put my patches in.
Thanks

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: Blueswaite on June 04, 2023, 11:29:52 AMHave the Korg Krome my saved patches are in bank D when I hit patch up or down switch to change patch it changes but reverts back to bank A. Anyway to make it stay in Bank D
Thanks

I realize that you already have a workaround, but for any folks wondering how to do this:
Edit the bank select messages in the "Hardware Patch", which you can adjust using the TriplePlay software on Mac or Windows. Probably change the Bank LSB (or MSB, depends on the synth) to 3 from 0 and save the patch.

Jim Williams

This is how you use the FTP to select patches and banks. in your FTP software in the right Colum are your hardware patches. edit each one for a different patch. you will need to know the patch number usually from 001-127. Then select the LSB and number for the bank. On my Roland XV 5080 to select a patch in my user bank will be MSB 87 LSB 0 and patch 0-128. Bank A will be MSB 87 LSB 64 and patch 0-128. I don't know what the MSB and LSB numbers are for the Korg Synth but I'm sure you can refer to the manual for that information. All the hardware patches you edit in the FTP software are stored right in the FTP pickup and the FC1 just reads the information stored in the pickups and send the information out to your hardware synth.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

Blueswaite

Thanks for all the advice. I'm understanding app a lot better now. When I figured out how to open hardware setting then I was able to understand it. Adjusted octave on a few patches, renamed them works great. Hold works really nice to solo guitar over
Thanks