eBand Song List Editor Issue

Started by ivanodef, October 16, 2020, 07:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivanodef

I´ve been using Micro BR-80 for about two years. All recorded musics were saved as .J8R files into the ROLAND/JS/USER folder. For the conversion to .MP3 file, I´ve been using the eBand Song List Editor which was able to read .J8R files from the BR-80 unit or simply from the SD card inserted in the computer. Now it simply stopped working. When I run the eBand SLE app, it says "Unit not Found" even if the unit is normally connected to the PC.I have reinstlled the app, but nothing works. Roland support in Brazil is terrible, they take almost a month to respond for each question and normally they don´t have any solutions. Help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ivano

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group ivanodef!  :)

ivanodef

Thanks!

Can you please help me to sove this so I can post my messages faster?

How many pins are in a Roland GK Cable ?:

I don´t know this cable...

scribble58

It might be a USB cable issue. You can try a different cable. See if that works. Also if you are using a USB hub, try unplugging that and going direct to the computer port. Something else to try is to un-install and re-install the BR-80 Driver. (see link for the latest drivers for your OS)

When the BR-80 turns on, is it saying that it is at version 1.06? That is the latest version.

https://www.boss.info/ca/products/micro_br_br-80/downloads/
EVH Wolfgang
Yamaha PAC402 Tele
Yamaha RGX2
Line 6 POD GO
Fishman TriplePlay (Windows Laptop)
Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR 2
NI Rig Kontrol 3 for Audio Interface/patch Switching
Boss Katana 100 v1 - GA-FC

gumtown

Check the USB operating Mode in the BR-80, from my recollection, there are two modes, one for working as an Audio interface, and one as a data transfer mode.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ivanodef

Ok, thanks to you all for your inputs.

I ´ve already reinstalled all drivers and eBand Song List Editor software, and have tried different USB cables. Nothing works! After one week waiting for an answer from Support (every question takes at least one week to be responded, it´s not a straightforward process...), they asked among other things already done, to format the SD card after backup of course. After formatting the SD card, eBand software is now working again, BUT..., it is not reading the .J8x files of created musics. I have replaced all the /LIVEREC/ files (.mp3) and /JS/USER/ files (.J8x), but the eBand doesn´t read it.

The strange think is that it just stopped without any apparent reason!