Free Carlos Santana patches?

Started by etalkishere@yahoo.com, September 20, 2020, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etalkishere@yahoo.com

Are there free Carlos Santana gt-1000 patches for his hit songs (Europa, Black Magic, Moon Flower, Samba Pa Ti etc), for my new GT-1000?

Thanks much in advance.

Peter

aliensporebomb

Sigh - I don't know if there are for the GT-1000.  But there were a few for the VG-99 that were pretty much spot-on.  One in particular I modified a little and still use on and off when I want to get my Devadip on.

So the trick is: download the patch for the VG-99, and the VG-99 editor and note all the settings on a piece of paper, then use the editor for the GT-1000 to try the same settings with the same amp models.

Some of us have been doing this for years on various Roland gear.  Someday someone will create a program to do this.

The early Santana sound was a Les Paul Custom through a Mesa Mark I (Black Magic Woman/Samba Pa Ti), Europa and Moonflower was a Yamaha SBG-3000 through a Mesa Mark I.   I still think Moonflower was his best tone ever live.   I was partial to the Les Paul through Mesa Mark 1 sound but they are all quite similar and good.

It's only later he tampered with the formula and not always to the results I like anyway.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.