Wah trick not working with SY1000

Started by kaiserhe, August 29, 2020, 05:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatpete

I'm not holding my breath but at least I found a workaround!

spikey

Hello,

Two things Id like to set up...

1. When at Heel down, the (Mission controller) Wah pedal turns off after 10 ms or so.

2. I have an FS-7 hooked up to Expression pedal 2. I have it currently turning off and on FX-1 (wah pedal), but I have to hit A (or B) twice on the FS-7 to turn on or off FX-1. Why? Why am I having to press it twice?

gumtown

The FS-7 issue is due to having the FS-7 set to "Toggle" and the SY-1000 assign function also set to "Toggle"
which is why your switch action requires a "double toggle" to operate.

Assigns can be setup so the WAH effect engages when the EXP pedal moves past a position of about "2" in the Range Min/Max settings,
set Action Range Min to 2 and Max to 3. And the Source mode to "moment".
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

spikey

Thanks, Gum for the info!

When you talk about Assigns can be set up for Wah engage, can you please be a bit more specific?

What parameters are we talking about? Under Target Parameter, I tried type, pedal position, pedal min and max, effect level (thought for sure that would do it), and direct level. None of them would engage with FX-1 (wah) on or off and settings min 2 and Max 3. Im picking the wrong things in the wrong places...

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong here and Thanks for the help.

gumtown

Assign "FX-1" off/on to the EXP pedal position Min=2 & Max=3
if the Wah used is in FX-1, then you switch FX-1 off/on to engage the Wah.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

spikey

Thanks a Lot, gumtown!

I finally got it to work and disengage the Wah at heel down, with your help.

The images above are for reference in case others have issues as I did, showing the patch, Control, and Assign Tabs 1 & 2.

(I used 1 and 2, verses 2 and 3 as it seemed a smoother transition to me.)

I'm using an old Mission w/ spring pedal- TRS cable.

EXP-1 is going to my FS-7.
EXP-2 is going to the Mission Pedal.

Also shown in the pics is my setup for:
CTRL-1 = DS on/off
CTRL-2 = Master Delay on/off
FS-7 CTRL-3 (B) = Wah on/off
FS-7 CTRL-4  (A) = Flanger on/off

FS-7 switch settings = Polarity-1, Latch

Hope this helps-
THANKS Again! :)

Edited: I didn't know until later that the Wah seems to come on now by just moving the Mission pedal, without having to actually turn the Wah on 1st using the FS-7! More testing on this.

jozart

Quote from: beatpete on November 27, 2022, 11:14:56 AMThere is no PEDAL FX ON/Off on the Sy-1000

This is selecting the Assign Target, which for WAH on SY-1000 should be FX# ON/OFF, where FX# is the one assigned to WAH.

Toddantho

I like this trick , for using Ann exp with no toe switch!
I am wondering if I have a switch I could switch between Amp gain , and Wah. 
At any rate this good to know !
Still  enjoying the 13 pin world !

gumtownadmin

Quote from: Toddantho on March 27, 2024, 10:05:04 AMI like this trick , for using Ann exp with no toe switch!
I am wondering if I have a switch I could switch between Amp gain , and Wah. 
At any rate this good to know !
Yes you can.
For as many spare assigns you have, any parameter can be assigned to an EXP pedal, and its range changed over any specific pedal travel range.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.