Dynamic Split like Helix with Firmware 2.9

Started by R2D2, July 02, 2020, 01:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2D2

Hi,

I just discover a Youtube video regarding the new Split Dynamic feature in Helix Firmware 2.9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdGVSZdp_Ws&t=189s

Based on the dynamic of the guitar play the sound will be routet to different paths.
In this video (0:18) the modulated clean sound path will be "short-circuited" by a distotion pedal by harder play.

I'm wondering if something similar is possible with the SY1000?  ???   

Brak(E)man

I have a patch like that on VG-99 based on input sensitivity assign.
Since SY-1000 also have input sensitivity assign as well it should be doable.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

The Boss GT-8,10,100,1000 has Dynamic path switching.
With dynamic sense, and HP/LP filters.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

R2D2

Hi,

many thanks for the answers. I own a SY1000 and if understood the different correctly, it has not all features of the GT1000 implemented.

I search in the English SY1000 reference manual for the keywords "path", "switching" and "sensitivity" but didn't find any valueable information how to build up such kind of patch.     ???

Do you have a short description how to start or do you have an example patch?

Many thanks in advanced.

jozart

There's probably an example of this in one of the factory presets. Where is that patch dumper when we need it?

jozart

The dynamic channel switching in amp models is discussed on pg. 61 in Boss GT-8 Brilliance

Pg. 62 discusses dynamic switching on any FX

You can Assign any parameter to picking dynamics in the ASSIGN VARIABLE menu. For example, if you wish to increase Distortion Level via your picking intensity, just assign it to Input Level rather than a physical pedal.

jozart

Here is how to configure such an assignment:
1. Select target to the thing you want to switch. Example: DIVIDER CH SELECT (pg. 76)
2. Select source as STRING ALL or NORMAL IN
3. Adjust INPUT SENS to taste (pg. 70)

szilard

Quote from: R2D2 on July 02, 2020, 05:21:39 AM
Do you have a short description how to start or do you have an example patch?
As Brak(e)man said - in an assign source will be string 1-6/all (p 76) and target will be balancer 1-3 (p 76) or something (foot volume p 75)

R2D2

Many thanks to all for the hints.

I was able to create a similar patch.
Control Assign > Assign Matrix > BALANCE > STRING ALL does the job.

I'm a newbie with SY1000 and as my Boss Tone Studio is absolutely unresponsive, I'm a little bit lost with the device menu and the different pages.