SY-300 - worth upgrading from SY-1?

Started by ajb1965, June 17, 2020, 12:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajb1965

Hi folks,  I have the SY-1 and it's fun but I'd like a little more variety with the sound palette.  Is there much difference in the synth engine between the 300 and the SY-1 or am I better off keeping the SY-1 and pairing it with something like an Enzo or C4 for more digital style sounds?  $699 is probably not worth it to me if the only difference is Presets and MIDI.  I have plenty of reverb and delay pedals to accentuate the SY-1.

Thanks in advance!

Brak(E)man

If you like programming then yes. 300 has very much more to offer then sy1.
Apart from the synth sounds, which are much better , it's also a good fx box , simple but good dist/ampsim.
All the routing etc etc

( but it's not a load a patch from somebody else box. It will most likely not sound anything like the original patch. What you put into it changes the sound very much so )

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

slimefuzz

SY300: good multi effects, flexible signal flow, assign multiple parameters to external exp pedal.
edit sounds on computer, presets.

BROCKSTAR

The sy-1 is for people that don't want big pedals taking up space on a 20 foot by 20 foot pedal board haha (oh the irony)...  No offense, I'm just playing around :D but that is how I view it lol.

The sy-300 is 90% more then what the sy-1 offers. Standalone effect unit, standalone synth unit, combine the effects and synth together in anyway you want routing wise etc.. etc.. Also can save/load presets. You can just do so much more with it sound wise and routing wise and if you can spare the room you would be better off with it. Let's not forget the awesome blender / randomizer option that allows you to find cool new sounds!

ajb1965

OK You've all convinced me.  Taking the plunge.  It should be here Monday!

Thanks for the advice  :)

Cheers,

AJB

Brak(E)man

Quote from: ajb1965 on June 19, 2020, 07:30:55 PM
OK You've all convinced me.  Taking the plunge.  It should be here Monday!

Thanks for the advice  :)

Cheers,

AJB

You can always run the SY-1 in the send/return of SY-300 ( with all the fx at your disposal)
or even more experimental, send SY-1 to the input of SY-300. Changes the sounds in a major way.
I'm definitely getting a SY-1 because of those two possibilities even though I have both SY-300 and SY-1000.

Good luck in the rabbit hole....
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch