SY-300 - Info/Help

Started by loopman, June 16, 2020, 04:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loopman

Hello fellows,
during these days I'm trying to use my SY-300 with NI Maschine MK3 + Maschine software, but I'm having a strange kind of problem in the synchronization between the two machines, this is what happens in practice:
The Midi Clock sent by Maschine software which is the Master Send Clock to the SY-300 that is the Slave unit, works perfectly I don't have any problem, in fact I can listen that the Tempo speed/rate of the SY-300 Patch (containing for example 2 or 3 Sequencers) slows down or speeds up according to the Bpm sent from Maschine. So everything works fine up to here

The weird problem that occurs is that although the SY-300 correctly follows the received Midi Clock, the Sequencers and the Lfos inside the Patch don't follow the beat sent from Maschine, are out of sync. It is as if, for example, the SY-300 Sequencer continues to run independently of the beat. The same thing applies to Lfos when they are set on all types of waveforms (except for the Sine waveform maybe)

I tried in every way, I don't know really what to do anymore, could someone help me out?
Thank you so much

ElliotG

Post a sample patch with the problem. 
Make sure all of the rates are note based (qtr note, dotted 8th...) these are the values that track BPM.

loopman

Hi Elliot
Yes sure, all the rates of the Seqs and the Lfos are note based, I already knew this rule to track the BPM. But despite this it still didn't work as expected

but then in the end I managed to find the solution:
first in Maschine software Preferences I set the SY-300 audio driver as default, so that all Maschine Inputs and Outputs are managed by the SY-300 as the main sound card. Maybe this first type of setting was not decisive in solving my problem, perhaps it is unnecessary...
second, I set every SY-300 patch not on Patch But on System mode and now it works fine.