Cases for a Les Paul with GK-3 attached.

Started by Lqv123, April 18, 2020, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lqv123

I just purchased a GR-55 with a GK-3 controller. I plan on attaching the GK-3 to a Les Paul. I am wondering what guitar case to purchase that will accommodate  the guitar with the controller attached. Unfortunately the music stores I would normally go to are all closed these days. So, I can't try out the cases in person. Any suggestions for me.

Brent Flash

admin

Quote from: Lqv123 on April 18, 2020, 07:53:09 PM
I just purchased a GR-55 with a GK-3 controller. I plan on attaching the GK-3 to a Les Paul. I am wondering what guitar case to purchase that will accommodate  the guitar with the controller attached. Unfortunately the music stores I would normally go to are all closed these days. So, I can't try out the cases in person. Any suggestions for me.

Mono Gig Bag

Kevin M

My Les Paul with an external GK3 actually fits in the Gibson hard case that it came with. Tight squeeze, for sure, but it fits.

lumena

Quote from: Kevin M on April 18, 2020, 09:59:26 PM
My Les Paul with an external GK3 actually fits in the Gibson hard case that it came with. Tight squeeze, for sure, but it fits.
Mine too!

mrz80

Either use a cord with a right angle plug at the guitar body for the guitar-to-GK tail cable, or remember to unplug the the tail cable when you go to put the guitar back in the case.  Holds doubly true if you go for a gig bag instead of a hard case.  I haven't snapped the plug off in the guitar yet, but I've come close a time or two.  ::)
Jesus freak, guitarist, luthier, bicyclist, ham (WA4UF)...
Turning every scrap of wood in the garage into Les Pauls, Telecasters, and 12 strings

OldGuitarDude

The gk pickup requires a mounting bracket for Les Paul guitars. Just wanted to mention it in case it was a used purchase. I had the gk pickup on mine for a while and it fit (tightly) inside an SKB hard case, but I eventually removed it and moved everything over to my Strat. Never tried the original factory case as it was "slightly" worn out (1974).