Questions about current software Vs Peavey guitar Os version and ATG Software ma

Started by TechFixer, February 14, 2020, 02:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechFixer

Hi All,
Years ago I bought a Peavey AT-200 and then a year or so later bought the Complete Pack. Since then I scrapped that guitar (I'm a lefty that plays a right handed guitar upside down) The AT-200 sucked for that but I liked the ATG stuff. So last year I bought a Lefty Peavey Preditor Plus EXP with a Floyd Rose Trem. .This year I bought a Ghost Floyd Piezo saddle set off eBay and transplanted everything. Now I have a FrankenPeavey with ATG.

I logged into the ATG site to see what I changes/upgrades I could so and I'm confused as the software pack is 3.32 but the guitar (DSP board?) is 2.07 (see pic)
I know 3.32 is the latest software
Is/was there an update for that guitar/ version of DSP board?
Since I brought up ATG Software manager, is there any benefit to adding redundant or demo software packs to other slots?
Does it matter what slot you load the Complete pack to?

I sure wish they'd start selling the packs or luthier kits again. I'd rather use an encoder than have to recall which fret my open C or drop D was in. I know I can use MidiDesigner to just pull up what I need but it's more stuff to lug around.

Thank for hearing me out,
TechFixer

Hi, I'm TechFixer.... I'm a gear-A-Holic and I have a problem. (Hi TechFixer!!) Pretty much every Roland guitar synth from the GR-50 to the VG-99. Roland VGA amps too. Lefty Line 6 500 Variax (converted to strung righty) FrankenPeavey ATG and Fishman TP

cags12

The gOS is not relevant to the version of the software pack. Also there is no difference software-wise whatsoever between the complete pack for the ATG-200 vs the Luthier kit. Differences are only in hardware ie. no encoders, piezo, no 5 way switch.

Den.

Since I brought up ATG Software manager, is there any benefit to adding redundant or demo software packs to other slots?

Sorry for the late reply. I'll try to answer this question with a little anecdote. I had the Complete Pack along with all three of the Trial demos transferred into my AT 200. The Acoustic Guitar Demo trial pack happened to be in slot one (high E string). When performing the Beatles song Ticket To Ride I have to quickly reconfigure the guitar at the very end of the song from 12 string mode to humbucker mode to play a couple of bars of single notes. I do this by quickly powering the guitar off then back on using the tone pot push pull switch so it will revert to my default mode which is Vintage Humbucker (no doubling). On this night when I powered it off and on I failed to properly mute all of the strings beforehand. One of the strings was still ringing when I powered the guitar back on. That string was the high E string. And, as we all know, the method used to activate a Trial demo is to power off the guitar then pluck the string associated with the Trial demo you wish to activate then power the guitar back on with the string still ringing. So, when my guitar came back on it had switched itself to the Acoustic Guitar Demo. It took me about a week of research (and questioning Henrik at Antares) to figure out what had happened and when I finally figured it out I simply transferred all of the Trial demos back out of the guitar leaving only the Complete Pack. Now the guitar will only play with the Complete pack when powered on; no more screw-ups. You might consider doing the same.