FC-300 to control VG-99 and Sound Sculpture Switchblade?

Started by Rusty Kirkland, February 13, 2020, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Kirkland

Hi... simple question here  ...   after foolishly selling my FC-300 a few years ago, I now have ordered a new one.

The following really just applies to program change commands....

I'll have the FC-300 connected via RRC2/cat cable to the VG-99
   I have a rack unit:  Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL.... 
I'm assuming that I'll also be able to send PCC from the midi OUT port of the FC-300 to the Switchblade?

Told you it was a simple question....
And since it's been a while since I've RTFM:   what "mode" will I be in on the FC-300 to do that (and keep it simple) ??

Also, it occurred to me that an alternate way to do this is do send PCC from the VG99 to the Switchblade via midi OUT port....

Thanks in advance,
Rusty

Brent Flash

My humble opinion would be that it will be much easier to control it through the VG-99/SYSTEM/MIDI section. Programming the FC-300 via it's display and buttons is a real PITA. All FC-300 pedals and buttons are available to send any MIDI control messages in the VG's SYSTEM/MIDI section.

Brent Flash

Oh, and you would use it in STANDARD MODE connecting the rack unit to the VG MIDI out.

Rusty Kirkland

gotcha and Thanks!

my only issue would be that I have the VG99 midi out going to a Primova MIDX-10 to have each VG99 preset pull up a specific GP10 preset...
I'll look and see if there's a program change receive map in the GP10..

so there might be a bit of head scratching to have the VG pull up a specific Switchblade preset and a specific (different numbered) GP10 preset.

or maybe I'll try connecting a Switchblade midi OUT to the MIDX and then on to the GP10...

Rusty

Rusty Kirkland

also, re: your reply... .
I thought that I did the PCC send within each VG99 patch rather than System>Midi  ??

Rusty

admin

Quote from: Rusty Kirkland on February 13, 2020, 04:11:23 PM
gotcha and Thanks!

my only issue would be that I have the VG99 midi out going to a Primova MIDX-10 to have each VG99 preset pull up a specific GP10 preset...
I'll look and see if there's a program change receive map in the GP10..

so there might be a bit of head scratching to have the VG pull up a specific Switchblade preset and a specific (different numbered) GP10 preset.

or maybe I'll try connecting a Switchblade midi OUT to the MIDX and then on to the GP10...

Rusty

Or  have the VG-99 MIDI Out feed a MIDI Thru box which then feeds the MIDX-20 and the SwitchBlade 

https://www.amazon.com/Midiplus-MIDI-Thru-7-midiplus/dp/B074NG5NNJ/r

Brent Flash

Quote from: Rusty Kirkland on February 13, 2020, 04:12:56 PM
also, re: your reply... .
I thought that I did the PCC send within each VG99 patch rather than System>Midi  ??

Rusty
You have a lot of options with the gear you have so I am sure you will be able to figure out what works best for you. The Switchblade has an MIDI OUT/Thru I noticed.

Rusty Kirkland

THANK YOU   Brent & Admin....

it was mainly a numbering thing for presets....   worst case scenario is that I move some presets around in the GP10.

and I have some midi Thru boxes....

Thank you both !

Rusty