Boss gt10 display issue - adjustment knob displays keep popping up

Started by Biggredd, January 28, 2020, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggredd

This issue seems to happen sporadically and wonder if something is loose internally. Every once in a while during performance the adjustment dial displays that adjust things like treble or patch volume, the small display windows for these knobs will just randomly pop up over my patch name in the display. Sometimes just one, sometimes three. It's annoying and I feel like it isn't the result of anything good. Anyone else have this issue? Fixable? I don't think this is a menu option control.

admin

Quote from: Biggredd on January 28, 2020, 11:18:41 PM
This issue seems to happen sporadically and wonder if something is loose internally. Every once in a while during performance the adjustment dial displays that adjust things like treble or patch volume, the small display windows for these knobs will just randomly pop up over my patch name in the display. Sometimes just one, sometimes three. It's annoying and I feel like it isn't the result of anything good. Anyone else have this issue? Fixable? I don't think this is a menu option control.

Get a rubber hammer and tap one corner of the GT-10 metal chassis while powered on and watch the display

If these " knobs will just randomly pop up over my patch name in the LCD display" anomalies  occurs coincident with each rubber hammer strike, this indicates a vibration induced intermittent internal electrical connection ( cold solder joint, oxidized momentary switch, faulty ribbon cable ) - vibration can occur on a live stage at the gig, and make these errors materialize.

I recommend get the unit serviced by an official Roland/ Boss repair center   

Register your Product

then login to your "BACKSTAGE ACCOUNT" and create a Service request for help

https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/login?redirect=%2Fsupport#service_request

Mrchevy

This issue has come up on GT100's also, mine included. Problem seemed to be dirty pots. solution was rapidly rotating knobs back and forth. This fixed mine. Final solution if this works is to clean the pots with DeoxIT cleaner. You can do it yourself or if not comfortable with disassembly have a tech do it. I would just try working the knobs first to see if this is the issue. If not, use admins solution but a much bigger hammer ;D
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones