Source Audio - Hot Hand

Started by Elantric, February 28, 2013, 09:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteCan NFC measure electrical impulses from muscle activity?

No - its basically RFID tech, but with proximity too.

This might be of interest

Source Audio: Hot Hand 3

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/hothand3.php

http://www.hellomusic.com/Items/hot-hand-3

Overview

What It Is: This is the Source Audio Hot Hand 3, a 3-axis accelerometer that translates motion into a dynamic and precise expression signal wirelessly. Think of the Hot Hand 3 as an expression pedal, but it comes in the form of a ring you wear on your strumming hand. It has three different axis of operation, so you can pick a direction that suits your music, and it really opens up new ways of using your expression pedal enabled effects. It can transmit its signal over 100 feet, and you can use up to 4 hot hands in proximity with each other without interference.

Why this is a great opportunity: One of the great things about the Hot Hand 3 is that it now works with any effect with an expression pedal input, not just Source Audio pedals. This system comes with the transmitter ring and the receiver, and will absolutely open up the ways you use the types of effects that work with this. Get ready to have fun.

Hello Music SKU: HMSOU3047

Specifications
Features:
- Compatible with all Soundblox, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals.
- Works with most third-party effects equipped with a 1/4" expression input. DIP switches facilitate third-party effect configuration.
- Select between 3 different motion axes (X, Y, and Z).
- RF transmitter capable of transmitting over 100 feet.
- Rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery.
- 1/8" SENSOR OUTPUT and ¼" EXPRESSION OUTPUT.
- DEPTH and SMOOTHING controls adjust effect amount and ring sensitivity.
- All components are compatible with the original Hot Hand Wireless Adapter.
- Use up to 4 separate Hot Hand units simultaneously with no interference
- License free for worldwide wireless usage (ISM band).

cell7

Ive had a play with the hot-hand effects and they ARE pretty cool, but i havent gone into it any further because i need my fingers :)  I can currently do most of this from the accelerometer in my iphone [even though the form factor isnt as pretty] outputting OSC.

What excites me is the direct muscle stimulus idea that MYO promises. If it really works, then its a game-changer.