GR-55 - uptown funk

Started by cd666, November 21, 2019, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd666

anyone have a patch for uptown funk?

Jim Williams

What are you looking for? there is the guitar part, the horns and all the synth parts. what parts do you need and do you need an all in one patch or separate ones? I think everything you need is all right there you just need to put it ll together. There are some nice Telecaster patches with twin style amps just add some compression to give it that funky flavor. there tones of bass synth sounds in there to double the bass line and all kinds of horn patches and synth patches. the sound is not as important as playing it right with that tight funk groove. The keyboard player in my band uses about 8 patches for everything and no one ever stops dancing because we are tight and play all the right parts. the sound is not so important to people dancing it's all about the groove. don't get me wrong you don't want to have bad tones but a few good ones will get you by.
Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

cd666

Im looking for the bass/voice like in the start of the song
Thanks!!!

JiveTurkey

My bassist uses an MXR octave (Blue Box?) and his voice coupled with our drummer's baritone for the intro section. I play the horn parts on the GR55 (Fat Brass Sect preset with a little bit of modification). Pretty simple. I play the "Morris Day chords" using that same tone. You can boil it down and it will still go over great provided the groove is right.

plexified

In my parts we do this with a drop D my unexpexted audience loves it

Jim Williams

This track is what I am talking about... nothing on the hole track sounds like Bruno mars but all the parts are delivered perfectly. find a sound you like and play it with confidence.

Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

whippinpost91850

Quote from: plexified on November 22, 2019, 11:21:12 PM
In my parts we do this with a drop D my unexpexted audience loves it

This is freakin awesome [/b]

plexified

so cool you enjoyed that one, we do a lot of mash ups that are super fun. I take the Police and Bob Marley and mash them up for a lot of super fun, and to twist that one even further, Smash might like this one, is to add in the Scorpions. They are sooo perfect for Raggae and I'm actually a history fan and love Haile Selassie and his amazing message of peace and freedom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie

Hey you get some awesome tech info, music fun and even history here. This place rocks !