Katana 50 - Red Box for DI Out?

Started by donaldduck, September 27, 2019, 04:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldduck

Hello,
would it be possible in your opinion to put a RedBox (or a cheaper alternative, such as the Joyo JDI-01) between the power amp and the speaker of a Kat50, so you don't need to mic the amp for live usage?

vtgearhead

Quote from: donaldduck on September 27, 2019, 04:40:53 AM
Hello,
would it be possible in your opinion to put a RedBox (or a cheaper alternative, such as the Joyo JDI-01) between the power amp and the speaker of a Kat50, so you don't need to mic the amp for live usage?

I have no experience with either of those devices, but whatever you use *must* have the audio out ground isolated from the speaker lines.  Otherwise, you will let the magic smoke out of the amplifier.

admin

Quote from: donaldduck on September 27, 2019, 04:40:53 AM
Hello,

I just Feed the Katana Line Out into a Palmer PDI-09, which feeds the PA with good results

Could easily substitute the  Cab IR sim unit  dujour

donaldduck

Quote from: admin on September 27, 2019, 06:41:12 AM
I just Feed the Katana Line Out into a Palmer PDI-09, which feeds the PA with good results

Could easily substitute the  Cab IR sim unit  dujour

Yep, but the Kat50 has no line out AFAIK.

admin

Quote from: donaldduck on September 27, 2019, 08:29:05 AM
Yep, but the Kat50 has no line out AFAIK.

Use the Phones/Rec Out jack  -its mono so a standard 1/4" TS cable to feed your cab sim box works

Just adjust to taste - 

donaldduck

As I wrote, 'so you don't need to mic the amp for live usage'. The phones/rec out does mute the internal speaker, so it is not suitable for my purpose.