???? NOS Roland 24 pin cables !!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Started by jipegonzo, September 13, 2019, 08:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

Amazing!  I wonder how they got 800 used 24-pin cables?  And for 15 Euro?  Smells fishy to me!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

jipegonzo

yes probably fishy but how it's works (fishing) ? if you pay by paypal... how it is dangerous ? if you search others items the prices are not the best of internet... i've sent an email to them...

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

chrish

I ran through the checkout process and the PayPal option for payment was removed.

Now they have my name, address, email but not my credit card number. Rats.

Quote from: jipegonzo on September 13, 2019, 09:00:53 AM
yes probably fishy but how it's works (fishing) ? if you pay by paypal... how it is dangerous ? if you search others items the prices are not the best of internet... i've sent an email to them...
] I thought the same thing.

chrish

The photo they used in the ad is a stock internet photo that shows up in 24 pin cable images.

I placed a more secure password on my email account, it will be interesting to see what, if anything follows. Rats again.

This happened before when I tried to order a too good to be true price from a company in China. Luckily my credit card company flagged the purchase and wouldn't let me continue.

And one time I mistakenly clicked on a email link and it started the whole "your computer is locked down give us money scenario" so our Security Experts can unlock your computer. Fortunately when the bells and whistles on the computer went off I quickly pulled the battery.

Then backed up my files and reinstalled the operating software.

Perhaps the fishing software didn't have time to load completely. Or possibly there wasn't any software they just wanted me to respond to "don't use your computer until you contact us".

chrish

And because I enjoy further investigation, if you click on the other 13 guitar cord products, each one states 800 units in stock.

So it's possible they have one used 24 pin cord in stock and this is a legitimate company or you know, the other thing. But it was free shipping to the US and there was a "lucky" discount automatically applied to the order.

admin

Quote from: chrish on September 13, 2019, 12:21:24 PM
The photo they used in the ad is a stock internet photo that shows up in 24 pin cable images.

I placed a more secure password on my email account, it will be interesting to see what, if anything follows. Rats again.

This happened before when I tried to order a too good to be true price from a company in China. Luckily my credit card company flagged the purchase and wouldn't let me continue.

And one time I mistakenly clicked on a email link and it started the whole "your computer is locked down give us money scenario" so our Security Experts can unlock your computer. Fortunately when the bells and whistles on the computer went off I quickly pulled the battery.

Then backed up my files and reinstalled the operating software.

Perhaps the fishing software didn't have time to load completely. Or possibly there wasn't any software they just wanted me to respond to "don't use your computer until you contact us".

Similar occurred last February - a fake "credit card fishing site" in Germany  claimed they could supply Hotone Amperos for a too good to be true $175 Euros

reviewing other items the fake "credit card fishing site"   listed for sale  - the tip off was when I found they also claimed to have "new in stock Yamaha MD8 8 track minidisc DAW recorders - which I know have not existed since 1996!

Buyer beware! 

jipegonzo

thank you for your replies guys ! very interesting !!!!! jp

chrish

Quote from: admin on September 13, 2019, 12:50:37 PM
Similar occurred last February - a fake "credit card fishing site" in Germany  claimed they could supply Hotone Amperos for a too good to be true $175 Euros

reviewing other items the fake "credit card fishing site"   listed for sale  - the tip off was when I found they also claimed to have "new in stock Yamaha MD8 8 track minidisc DAW recorders - which I know have not existed since 1996!

Buyer beware!
That China company had an extensive shoping inventory and was successful at obtaining my credit card number and even tried to get authorization three times for different amounts.

Because I was getting "did  you authorize these fishy charges" texts from my credit card company I called them.

I had a good conversation with the rep and he laid out how these scams work and issued a new card.

Yes, agree buyer beware.

gumbo

...had a look (because I'm nosey, not because I needed one)....   ;)

Some of the 'suggested similar items' across the bottom of the listing page included this one..
...just beware (if you're also looking for 13 PIN stuff) that these and a few such others have NON-LOCKING plugs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Pin-DIN-MIDI-1-5M-4-9FT-Cable-for-Fender-Stratocaster-Roland-GC-1/264146492819?

HTH
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

jim-analog

Greetings,

That fellow (Bratwurst) used to be a member here. His cables and service are great!  I was suspect the connector may not be tight enough as there is no lock, but they are just fine. He did a custom length with R24:DB25 connectors for me.

Regards, Jim

Quote from: admin on February 25, 2020, 07:51:43 AM
FWIW =- This seller has custom 24 pin cables on Ebay right now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clone-Roland-16-feet-24-Pin-MIDI-Guitar-Synth-Cable-GR-300-GK1-GR-500-GR-700/333467209170