Helix for live use

Started by GasherD, June 04, 2019, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasherD

Hi guys, I currently play in cover bands in small pubs using a Firehawk 1500 as my backline. We rarely play venues that have the sound going FOH so my question is:
Is there a noticeable difference in tone quality between the Firehawk 1500 and a Helix in a live situation when you're sat in the mix with the rest of the band?
I appreciate the wealth of options on the Helix is a lot better than the Firehawk with snapshots etc , but to be honest I tend to keep my number of patches limited and setup fairly simple.
Just trying to figure out if its worth the upgrade, and running the Helix through my FH1500.

gumtown

Gear choices are generally for personnel benefit,
for sitting in the mix of a live bar band, you could be playing a kazoo and no-one would be the wiser in the audience.

Get one if it satisfies your curiosity, a used Helix LT for the right price might be what you seek.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

Quote from: GasherD on June 04, 2019, 01:10:39 AM
Hi guys, I currently play in cover bands in small pubs using a Firehawk 1500 as my backline. We rarely play venues that have the sound going FOH so my question is:
Is there a noticeable difference in tone quality between the Firehawk 1500 and a Helix in a live situation when you're sat in the mix with the rest of the band?
I appreciate the wealth of options on the Helix is a lot better than the Firehawk with snapshots etc , but to be honest I tend to keep my number of patches limited and setup fairly simple.
Just trying to figure out if its worth the upgrade, and running the Helix through my FH1500.

Helix raises Firehawk tones 50% more refinement and with support for third party Cab IR - finally break free of the Line -6 POD tonality