GT1000 v3 update!

Started by LarryB, April 17, 2019, 09:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryB

What's in it? Should I update? It looks like it mostly for Bass Players to use the GTK.

admin

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-1000/updates_drivers/5b988ce5-cb1a-4b16-9d18-57082edf8374/

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.3.00 ] APR 2019
Additional Functions
Control Modes (MEMORY, MANUAL, and PEDALBOARD) were added.
Please refer to the "GT-1000 Owner's Manual" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].

MEMORY ( MEMORY Mode )
This mode is used to call up patches saved in the unit.

MANUAL ( MANUAL Mode )
This mode allows accessing functions assigned to the system or individual patches by using number switches [ 1 ] through [ 5 ].

PEDALBOARD ( PEDALBOARD Mode )
This mode allows use with the same feel as having Compact Effectors arranged on a pedalboard.
The respective switches are used to toggle the effects on and off.
The PEDALBOARD Mode has no concept of patches or memories. Edited values are saved without having to execute a write operation.
Bass support was added.
16 types of bass effects are now built in.
3 AIRD PREAMP types for bass have been added.
2 AIRD OUTPUT SELECT types for bass have been added.
5 SP TYPE types for bass have been added.
Please refer to the "GT-1000 Parameter Guide" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
Seven OUTPUT SELECT types made available as GT-1000 AIRD Output Select Library data are now built into the unit.
Together with 4 OUTPUT SELECT types that have been newly added, 11 types have been added.
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed.
Minor bugs have been fixed.

New V3 GT-1000 Owners Manuall
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_eng04_W.pdf

New V3 GT-1000 Parameter Guide l
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_parameter_eng05_W.pdf

New V3 GT-1000 MIDI IMPLEMENTATION l
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_MIDI_Implementation03.pdf

New V3 GT-1000 Factory Presets
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_sound_eng03_W.pdf

V3 Boss Tone Studio for GT-1000
https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-1000/updates_drivers/343001b7-4f32-4d40-9f5a-3af43ff7b104/

admin

FW3.00 Finally makes GT1000 usable for me now that it supports stompbox Pedal Mode -

so now the GT-1000 finally catches up with the Boss GT-5, GT-3, GT-6, GT-8, GT-10, GT-100

mchad

Does this mean the GT1000 has caught up to say the AX8 and/or the Helix? In terms of functionality.

admin

Quote12ozP said: ↑
I haven't updated to 3.0 yet, but I'm reading the manual and I don't understand memory vs manual modes. As it works on 2.x, once you select a patch you are in "manual" mode. Then when you hit a bank switch you are in "memory" mode.

How is this V3 different? It says I can manually switch to "manual" mode by long-pressing CTL3. But why would I do this? Is it not automatic anymore? And how do I get back to "memory" mode? It doesn't say in the doc.

MixMinisterMike wrote>

No, there is only one mode in 2.x. You can freely assign any footswitch to any function (or combination of changes) in a patch in 2.xx. It just so happens that every factory patch has the two bank buttons assigned to bank up/down, and all the NUM switches to select your patch within the bank (along with CTL3 assigned as TAP/TUNER). When you select a patch using the NUM switches, the CTL1/2 will change, but the that's it. But behind the scenes, every footswitch is assigned dynamically within the patch itself, it just isn't obvious to the user.

So, for example, with 2.x you can reassign bank up/down to anything, and the NUM switches to anything, and use it essentially in "pedalboard" mode. You can still bend down and use Knob 1 to change patches, but within my patch there is no footswitch assigned to take me to another patch or another bank. This is actually how I used it once I figured this out. Before that I was always thinking "I've got 10 footswitches but can really only assign two of them to turning on/off effects."

With 3.0, they are formalling introducing "modes" which technically didn't exist before as the GT-1000 was always it's own sort of hybrid mode.

So it works more like the GT-100, the Axe-FX, and the Helix now, as opposed to how the GT-1000 worked under 1.x/2.x.

I think the old way was hard for people to understand. If they never shipped any factory patches with it, the old way might have made more sense right off the bat, but the old way kind of tricked the system into a hybrid memory/manual mode all of the time. This made people here and on other boards scratch their heads with understanding how to set switch assignments.

admin

Quotephil_m said: ↑
So is "pedalboard mode" kind of like a global manual mode in the sense that there's just one pedalboard layout for the entire device? It wasn't clear to me on the video.
JCW308 wrote>
You got it. Exactly. If you set the GT to Pedalboard Mode, there will be no patches. It's just a bunch of pedals in a beautifully simple layout (and no saving required).

admin

V3.01 out, bug fixes.

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-1000/updates_drivers/77654afd-046f-43d5-93f1-a043022d246a/

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.3.01 ] APR 2019
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
Noise is produced under certain conditions.
Other minor bugs.

Smash

Good grief - every release so far has had bugs!

admin

Quote from: Smash on April 18, 2019, 08:21:57 AM

Every product we own has bugs - if you look deeply

Id much the new Roland/ Boss with  frequent Firmware updates vs what we used to endure

I have No complaints

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/28393506/

Quotehow do you get to pedalboard mode and stompbox mode?

MixMinisterMike wrote>
Yes, that's exactly what they just added with 3.x, but people are using manual/patch/stompbox/pedalboard interchangeably and it's getting confusing! :p

You can switch between Memory mode (patch select + 2 assignable stomps) and Manual mode (most switches assigned to fx blocks or assigns) by long-pressing the TUNER button. Memory=Patch Select, Manual=Stompbox. Works very similarly to a GT-100 or a Fractal now.

There is now also a 2nd mode called "Pedalboard" which acts like an M13, a single patch and live saving of parameters.

admin

PAH wrote>
For those who haven't noticed, in FW V3.x, in addition to the new foot switch control function option for Tuner/Manual and Manual/Tuner, which get two functions on one foot switch, they've also added some new control functions for expressions pedals:

FV+Tuner and FV+Tuner/PFX, both of which activate the tuner if you rock the volume pedal back to 0 without consuming one of the 16 assigns.

Smash

Quote from: admin on April 18, 2019, 08:41:10 AM
Every product we own has bugs - if you look deeply

Id much the new Roland/ Boss with  frequent Firmware updates vs what we used to endure

I have No complaints

Yes but surely it's how deep they are and how likely you are to encounter.

Of course it's great (unbelievable!) they're pushing updates out - long may it continue - but for a bug to surface so quickly after release (and after the major V2 debacle) I would have thought they'd take a little extra time to test before release.

I guess it doesnt really matter if they correct it this fast but doesnt it mean, a bit like iOS, users will become reticent to jump on updates for fear of encountering problems in live situations if continues? Measure 20 times, cut once.

jakbur

Quote from: Smash on April 18, 2019, 08:21:57 AM
And I am so glad they are not reluctant to address them ASAP instead of ignoring them or worse yet not updating at all in fear of any negative feedback from a few. 
I own an Axe FX 3 and Fractal Audio is venerated for being open about fixing the many bugs that come up when firmware is being updated at a fast pace!
I also own a GT 1000 and am impressed with the unit and pace of FW improvements!

DML

Anybody noticed that since v3.01 the Exp. pedal doesn't react smooth anymore?! My wah (and pitch, and human) now are very "stuttery", if you know what I mean!!
Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

guitaral

Quote from: DML on April 20, 2019, 08:20:18 AM
Anybody noticed that since v3.01 the Exp. pedal doesn't react smooth anymore?! My wah (and pitch, and human) now are very "stuttery", if you know what I mean!!

I noticed this as well, but I recalibrated the expression pedal and it seemed to solve that problem.