What's the going price for a used VB99 in the UK ?

Started by 2pods, April 10, 2019, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2pods

As above.
I saw one for sale in Bass Direct, but it had gone and the shop had removed the price.
Fender G5 Strat, PRS SE Santana/w TriplePlay

admin

As the VB-99 is considered rare  - Here in USA its $900 - anything less is a deal,
By contrast VG-99 is far more plentiful and lower cost 

2pods

I remember getting a bit less for my VG99 than I thought I would.
Still trying to make up my mind about selling the VB99. It's that double bass, and fretless........ :-\

I tried to like the GP-10. It sounded great, but I just couldn't get on with the display as opposed to the VG99.
Weird, I know.

I've reverted to a GR-55, which sounds very like the VG99. I also have a Helix which pretty much takes care of most things.
I thought I was done when I sold the GP-10 and RR Strat, but here I am again with another RR Strat and the GR-55.
There are just some things the Helix won't do  :)

corey

Hi, I have a Roland vb-99 in perfect condition for sale if anyone is interested. $950

2pods

2pods

The GR55 didn't work out, so its a new GP-10S to with the Helix.
I very nearly went back to a used VG99  :D

admin

The VG-99 > SPDIF> Helix is the secret weapon of choice for many here

2pods

If I hadn't already bought the GP-10S I would still be sniffing around VG99 ads on eBay.
Why, I nearly bought that battered, cardboard VG99 box he was hawking for £19.99  :D

gumbo

Quote from: 2pods on April 29, 2019, 09:03:02 AM
If I hadn't already bought the GP-10S I would still be sniffing around VG99 ads on eBay.
Why, I nearly bought that battered, cardboard VG99 box he was hawking for £19.99  :D

...it's got to be worth that, just to keep your cornflakes in.....   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

2pods

Quote from: gumbo on April 29, 2019, 06:45:14 PM
...it's got to be worth that, just to keep your cornflakes in.....   ;D

I beg your pardon. My cornflakes are fully flight cased  ;) ;D

gumbo

Quote from: 2pods on April 30, 2019, 03:46:52 AM
I beg your pardon. My cornflakes are fully flight cased  ;) ;D

...so are mine...after I've eaten them..... 8)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

2pods

I'm surprised he was able to put it up on eBay..... ???

admin

Actually is become a common practice

Some folks want to own a product in original box  - so yes  the original box has value to collectors and often sold separately

2pods

..and when I think of the boxes I've junked.... :o

gumtown

Very tempting.

For packaging and boxes' I have kept most of those over the years, handy when reselling,
as buyers are more likely to jump at something that looks like it is shop new(ish).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

2pods

I try and keep as many boxes as space allows (assuming the items came with them), the overflow being flattened and stored in a nice, and as it turned out, not so weather-proof "hut" (Scottish version of the English "Shed".)
Cue semi hurricane with cute un-family friendly name and the roof comes off, the rain comes in, and I have Papier Mache.

The joys of a Scottish summer  ::)

2pods

Quote from: gumtown on April 30, 2019, 02:48:55 PM
Very tempting.

For packaging and boxes' I have kept most of those over the years, handy when reselling,
as buyers are more likely to jump at something that looks like it is shop new(ish).

Well, if whoever buys it needs something to put in it, I have just the thing....................a VB99 !!

2pods

Regrets, I have a few.....actually I only have one. I shouldn't have sold this, and now I'll have to find another one   ::)

gumtown

Quote from: 2pods on January 14, 2020, 12:47:36 PM
Regrets, I have a few.....actually I only have one. I shouldn't have sold this, and now I'll have to find another one   ::)

Have you looked at the new SY-1000 specs?
it does have a Bass mode, and most of the VB-99 things, and much of the GT-1000 upgraded amps and effects.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fokof

Quote from: gumtown on January 14, 2020, 03:37:25 PM
Have you looked at the new SY-1000 specs?
it does have a Bass mode, and most of the VB-99 things, and much of the GT-1000 upgraded amps and effects.
Do you have one ?

I'm very tempted ......

2pods

Not that bothered about the amp and "normal" FX as I have a Helix.
It was more the Poly FX stuff, which could be applied to your bass model in the 99, but seems to be a separate thing in the SY1000.

Hopefully there'll be some bass videos in amongst the 100s of guitar versions.

fokof

I ordered one ......  :D
Not sure when I'll get it.

I'll post my impression compared to the VB99  ;D

2pods

Thanks.

I think I'll be doing the same, as the VB99 I was chasing has gone.
What I should have done was keep the VB99 and the pickup, and just changed the bass, but thems the breaks  ::)

Anderton's in the UK are quoting February 15th for stock now.

chrish

Anybody know the best place to buy (best price) the GK pickup that fits a 6 string bass? What's that a GK3B?

2pods

In the Uk a GK3B is about £149. It fits 4, 5, and 6 string basses