GT-1000 - Auto engage Wah

Started by admin, November 14, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/GT-1000++auto+engage+wah/keywords_search

Scott Akister wrote>

The auto engage on Helix is a neat function that is easy to duplicate on the GT1000.

This patch set ups auto engage behaviour for the wah on Exp1.

the tone is nothing to do with me btw - I used Burning Purple preset to demo this that's all, lol!

I'm guessing the control function page in tone studio is familiar to all of you and you can see nothing new in there, Exp1 is set to Pedal FX as you'd expect.

The new bit is in the Assign tab where you'll see the first assign is active. If you click the edit button you'll see I've chosen the Pedal FX as the target category and then as the actual target the on/off function. And the source I've chosen to control this is Exp1.

OK so that's great but we need to tell the GT whereabouts during the movement of the pedal do we want it to carry out the on/off switch.

So look at page 2 tab - here you can see action range low and high and the range is from 0 (pedal all way up) to 127 (pedal all way down) - if you look you'll see i've set the high range at 3 meaning as soon as we cock the pedal slightly as soon as the value hits 3 along the sweep of the pedal (almost immediately) the assigned action is carried out i.e. the Pedal FX is turned on and only when the pedal goes to below that number i.e. all the way back up will it switch off.

Why 3 and not 0? to allow for any calibration shift - call it a bit of tolerence!

There's so much more to assigns but that gives an idea - enjoy.

Update version of Auto engage Wah - here the wah engages when you move Exp1 upwards from from fully down as per Calvin Godden technique with screen shots on Rev 1 thread.