SY-300 - A Natural Solo Cello Sound

Started by ElliotG, July 07, 2018, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElliotG

A solo cello sound.

Patch Notes:
OC1 PWM, OSC 2 SQR, I found adjusting the fine +7 on OSC 2 provided a little more 'width' to the tone.
A subtle pitch envelope attack was added to OSC1, it sounded more bow like.  Amp Env Attack was turned down on these OSC to slow the attack.
Slight LFO's are used to adjust amplitude.

OSC 3 is used for noise, the amp envelope is adjusted to minimize the sustain, so the sound is just at the beginning of the note.  I found this noise effect  did not sound natural on the higher notes, so I used the layers on OSC 3 to limit this to the low notes.

The only effect used is some reverb to create some room tone for the recorded example.

gumtown

Sounds really nice !!
Thanks for sharing  :)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Kevin M

ElliotG

mooncaine

I love that recipe. Sounds very cello-esque.

Synfendia

billp

Very nice, thanks for sharing!  I play the bass through my SY-300, and came up with a "metallic cello" patch a couple of months ago when my band was working on King Crimson's song "Red."  It sorta works, but really wasn't suited for more delicate, woody patches.  Yours sounds like it might address that need.

mooncaine

CodeSmart

Sounds great. Violin next?

Easier to carry but difficult to master  ;D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

LuckyEddy57

Hi Elliot, thank you very much for this patch, I love it! I only got my SY-300 yesterday, and was amazed of course, but a little disappointed that there are no string sounds, so you have really cheered me up! Thank you  ;D