Katana Tuner

Started by admin, March 31, 2018, 08:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

dazco

Oh man, i saw the title and almost kicked myself in the a$$ because when i got the katana as soon as i decided it's a keeper i bought a tuner ! (last 2 alps had built in tuners) The i see this and thought i wasted my $. But turns out it's much too much trouble to use and as he says not very accurate. Why bother. So i'm GLAD it's a waste of time. I'll kick myself later on if they improve it.  ;D

gumtown

How was this figured out without some inside info. ¿¿¿
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

I wouldnt say it's not so accurate. This new-found feature tunes my Ibanez Prestige really good. Just tried it.

It works well, but I hate I have to put all the knobs at zero before invoking it with the pattern :P

Update:
I just enhanced the MIDX firmware so turning down knobs and pressing the 1.4.18 pattern is all done by SysEx. So the tuner is now invoked with just one MIDI CC#  :D. It's so cool!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Big Jim

Isn't 4-1-18 the date for April Fools Day?

dazco

Quote from: Big Jim on April 01, 2018, 05:41:37 AM
Isn't 4-1-18 the date for April Fools Day?

You have a point. Granted, it was published on the 31st, but by the time you set all the knobs, put it in standby, then hit that button 18 times it would be the 1st !  ;D

CodeSmart

This actually pin-points a feature Boss could implement just like that. They have the pitch detection subroutine written already and the three amp LED's would do just fine as indicators.

Dear Yoshi, please make this great amp even better!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

dazco

Quote from: CodeSmart on April 01, 2018, 09:53:47 AM
This actually pin-points a feature Boss could implement just like that. They have the pitch detection subroutine written already and the three amp LED's would do just fine as indicators.

Dear Yoshi, please make this great amp even better!

Agreed, but in that same vein they could do a LOT of things that way. No LCD needed to tweak a lot of things, just use LEDs like the older model fender mustangs did with the smaller ones that had no LCDs. As i have said it's incredible to me that boss chose to cripple all those effects by giving nothing in the way of front panel adjustability. Add some options for that to control all the BTS settings they could muster and add a tuner and the amp would be twice as valuable. As it stands now it's just a great sounding SS amp with a little more features than a tube amp.