EHX-Speakers

Started by admin, August 25, 2017, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/electro-harmonix-12vr-75w-1x12-instrument-replacement-speaker
https://www.ehx.com/browse/speakers

The Electro-Harmonix 12VR offers 75W of power handling from a 12 in. platform. This special design sounds like vintage Celestion, and is a super upgrade for any amp.

Whether u're customizing, upgrading or repairing a guitar amp, Electro-Harmonix speakers deliver extraordinary sound and value.

- 12" speaker
- 75 watts
- 8 ohms
- 1.75" voice coil
- 50 ounce magnet

TexasaurusRex

Thanks for sharing that info and pic- I used it to help me track down some additional info on my EHX speakers. I purchased a used road-worn natural wood EHX tongue/groove 4x12 cab with similar looking speakers. The set of 4 in this cab sound good,nice surprise.   

Smash

QuoteThis special design sounds like vintage Celestion

And the reason you wouldn't use a genuine Celestion instead is.......??  ???

alexmcginness

Quote from: Smash on November 28, 2017, 12:50:02 AM

As I was scrolling down I was thinking the same thing.

Leslie West, the guitarist for Mountain, told a story about how a few of his musical buddies use to say to him, " try this amp or that amp, it sounds just like a Marshall!!!!!"
  Leslie would always reply, " Why not just get a Marshall then?"

I bought this Marshall emulator a few years back. It sounds exactly like a Marshall 2x12 Blues Breaker combo with 25 watt Greenbacks. ( I defy anyone to tell it apart from the real thing  ;) )When I bought it used, the original owner swapped out the Greenbacks for Jensons ( yeah I know...but it was his amp ) so I bought a used pair of used 25 watt Greenbacks from a friend of mine that took them out of a couple of Traynor single 12 cabs and put something else in them. He sold me the barely used pair of Greenbacks, for $100 Canadian. You know what. They too, sound EXACTLY like 25 watt Greenbacks!

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: Smash on November 28, 2017, 12:50:02 AM

Because EHX speakers are more in the price range of a working musician. $34/$44
Maybe you are flush with cash but many starting out don't have it and want a great sounding speaker to play gigs.

Smash

There you go - perfect answer!

Couldn't find the new series online but at that price point no brainer I guess.

(I'm definitely not flush btw ;) )

jim-analog

Greetings,

And also due to Celestion moving most production to China, while INCREASING dealer cost on the speakers. Guess they have to get it from both ends.  I could be wrong regarding the current ones, but the earlier EH speakers were OEM from Eminence in KY, USA. I'd much rather support domestic mfg whenever possible.

Regards, Jim

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on November 28, 2017, 08:01:41 AM
Because EHX speakers are more in the price range of a working musician. $34/$44
Maybe you are flush with cash but many starting out don't have it and want a great sounding speaker to play gigs.