ATG-1- sticking/juddering pedal

Started by BobTheDog, August 20, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobTheDog

Hi Guys,

My pedal sticks/judders making it impossible to use for editing or slow movements.

I guess it needs a bit of grease somewhere, is the only way to open up the whole unit?

Cheers

Andy

admin

Remove the bottom plate and this reveals the ATG-1 expression pedal bearings

BobTheDog

Super, thanks very much for the info.

All the best

Andy

BobTheDog

Hi,

I undid the 3 hex screws hoping the bottom plate would maybe rotate away from the back, it doesn't.

So I'm guessing the 11 silver screws need unscrewing as well?

Just thought I would check in vase I'm about to screw things up!

Cheers

Andy

admin

Take pics to reverse the procedure when you are done

cags12

Quote from: admsustainiac on August 28, 2017, 07:17:43 AM
Take pics to reverse the procedure when you are done

And also to document and share pics of the inside of the floor board :)

Elantric

I had mine apart back when I first beta tested the ATG-1

Remove the bottom screws and take pics & share

I might do the same later this week

BobTheDog

Hi Guys,

Ok, I will take some pics and post them here.

Cheers

Andy

BobTheDog

Ok all sorted.

You need to remove the three black hex screws from the back and all the silver crosshead screws from the bottom plate and then the bottom plate lists off.

In the pic included there are two hex bolts marked with a red arrow, these are used to adjust the stiffness of the pedal.

I first started to try to get the pin out of the middle of the pedal by untightening the hex bolts and untightening the grub screws but it was pretty stuck. So it looked like the way forward was to remove the side of the unit and the sensor pcb and try to knock the pin out with a punch to grease it.

Instead I took the bodgers approach and masked off the sensor PCB and sprayed some WD-40 White Lithium Grease in the gaps under the hex bolts with the unit at 90 degrees to it would run down into the area around the central pin and wiggled the pedal around a bit before tightening the hex bolts again.

Seems to have sorted it, nice and smooth now.

Cheers

Andy

admin

Quote from: Rhcole on August 31, 2017, 01:26:52 PM

OK,

There is no getting the setup tighter than this without involving chainsaws and screams.

The GK cable feeds between two small pedalboards, fit as closely as possible.

The star of this is the 9" "Itty Bitty" pedalboard that I found from this guy on Reverb: kyhotbrownpedalboards.com. It is so new that it still smells of paint.
He has various sizes and will also do custom work. Incredibly good service.

I like really compact setups. This ain't that, but man can it kick some serious pitch-shift guitar/synth butt!

Here are the options for ATG-1 minimization - remove ( or separate) the ATG expression pedal - but know its a Hall Effect operation ( no potentiometers to wear out) 
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21566.0