GR-55 - Is it possible for GR-55 Editor to copy synth 1's setting to synth 2?

Started by compusic, June 25, 2017, 09:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compusic

Hi, I need to merge a custom patch. Let's say combine pcm synth 1 of patch 5 and pcm synth 1 of patch 6 to a new patch, that means one of them should be pasted to  synth 2 of the  new patch. But by using GR-55 Editor, I can't find a way to copy and paste synth 1's setting to synth 2.  It only allows to copy and paste synth 1 to  synth 1, or synth 2 to synth 2.

Is there any alternative ways to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Elantric

use the quick edit function in GR-55 Floorboard

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2951.0

One other question that I cannot find info on in the help documentation is whether it is possible to copy assign settings from one patch and copy them to another patch but leave the rest of the patch settings intact? 

I think you can only copy and paste entire patch settings but maybe I missed something.

last night I'll try to copy and paste  (or simply merging) two patches into one.
e.g. i have a good strings patch and i want copy this sound into another existing patch of electric/acoustic guitar, or anything else.
so with editor i select strings patch and copy to clipboard. then i move to guitar patch and try to paste clipboard content into that one. i have suspect that i do something wrong  ;D did you help me?
maybe i have to copy each sound into clipboard,open a blank patch, and after that i paste clipboaard content into?, thanks in advance.

Gumtown wrote>

OK since both questions are related, I can answer both.
The GR-55FloorBoard editor has a clipboard system, where 5 patches (or incarnations of the same patch) can be copied as from the main screen clipboards below. If a patch is copied, it's name will be displayed in the clipboard.
The clipboard paste button will paste the entire patch, so any temporary settings will be cleared away and the pasted patch displayed instead.
That is easy, you can paste/change between 5 copied/stored patches
FYI: the copied clipboard patches are saved to disk, so next time you start the GR-55FloorBoard editor, the clipboard patches are restored to the clipboards.

Another feature of the clipboards is the ability to paste just a section of a patch.
If you open an edit page, say for example, the preamp page.
You will find 5 "ClipBd Paste" buttons, each of these will paste just the preamp settings from any of the 5 saved clipboard patches into you current workings.
Same thing with the other edit pages, PCM synth, modelling, effects, and Assigns.
The extra buttons found with the Assigns also allow you to paste Assign settings from other Assigns within the same patch.

By now you may have noticed a "Bulk Write" button, this is similar to the edit page "ClipBd Paste" buttons, but instead this will write the current edit page settings only to a selectable range of User patches.
This is handy if you want to duplicate a few settings over a range of patches, but don't want to edit each patch one at a time.

Quote(or simply merging) two patches into one
As for "merging" patches, settings can be one thing or another,
do you mean just pasting a desired section of settings?,
because it doesn't work like mixing red and blue paint together to make a nice smooth purple,
it works more like mixing a bucket of red bricks with a bucket of blue bricks.
There will be compromises. [/i]

GR-55 Floorboard Editor Tutorial Videos
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5369.msg36728#msg36728

FWIW - For those who missed it - A PDF version of the GR-55 Floorboard Help file can be downloaded here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2953.0;attach=5643

compusic

Thanks for  quick reply.

It seems the only way for my problem is to use "bulk write"  function, right? But, it seems that  function will directly overwrite user patches. It would be better if that  function writes to only temporary patch.

The gear is in another club. I'll have a try asap. Thanks.

compusic

Quote from: Elantric on June 25, 2017, 10:01:45 AM
use the quick edit function in GR-55 Floorboard

Just tried. GR-55 Editor can't copy synth 1's setting to synth 2. The clipboard paste function can only do "synth 1 to synth 1" or "synth 2 to synth 2". And and Bulk Write function will paste the whole settings from original patch to target patch, that means "synth 1 to synth 1" and "synth 2 to synth 2' at the same time. So AFAIK, there'e no way to directly copy synth 1's setting to synth 2.

Or did I miss something?

yogin

The problem is not solved ? No updates for the patch editor to copy synthesizer number 1 from one patch instead of synthesizer number 2 from another patch? Perhaps another paid editor can do this?

admin

Quote from: yogin on September 01, 2021, 01:46:09 PM
The problem is not solved ? No updates for the patch editor to copy synthesizer number 1 from one patch instead of synthesizer number 2 from another patch?
Perhaps another paid editor can do this?

Provide a URL link to another paid GR-55 editor  ?

gumtown

Quote from: yogin on September 01, 2021, 01:46:09 PM
The problem is not solved ? No updates for the patch editor to copy synthesizer number 1 from one patch instead of synthesizer number 2 from another patch? Perhaps another paid editor can do this?

Maybe someone should ask the guy that wrote the editor software, it may be possible he is not aware of this issue.
His email is in the editor "ReadMe" file with a statement that any issues or feature requests can be forwarded and considered in future updates,
he does it all for free too.
Maybe no-one reads the installation instructions ?

What other editor do you have in mind that you would rather pay for?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

yogin

Quote from: admin on September 01, 2021, 02:01:25 PM
Provide a URL link to another paid GR-55 editor  ?
What are the advantages and additional conveniences of the second - paid editor GR55?

admin

Quote from: yogin on September 25, 2021, 02:03:22 PM

What are the advantages and additional conveniences of the second - paid editor GR55?

Find this 2nd GR-55 Editor and provide a review

yogin

Quote from: admin on September 25, 2021, 04:24:13 PM
Find this 2nd GR-55 Editor and provide a review
Ok, I have read its description. Really: Is Gumtown GR55 Really the Best Editor for GR55?

admin

Quote from: yogin on September 25, 2021, 04:42:24 PM

Ok, I have read its description. Really: Is Gumtown GR55 Really the Best Editor for GR55?

Its only one I know of

god

I don't suppose anyone has actually contacted the editor author about adding this as a feature ?