FENDER - Mustang GT/ Mustang GTX Amp FAQ

Started by admin, May 01, 2017, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

admin

https://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=111185

QuoteI have noticed that when I try to replace the existing amp on certain presets which contain a lot of effects to one of the new IIC amps, the option to select these amps will be grayed out.

Is this normal?

Also, is there a maxim amount of effect that you can add to a preset?

Just got the amp and was curious about these issues.

Bounced this one off the GT team. Response: "This is normal and expected. Some amps use more CPU processing power than others. The IIC+ model in particular, with all of the switches and alternate modes, is particularly processor intensive."

admin

New 25 watt model : Mustang LT25  - but this model lacks wireless  - no Wifi. No Bluetooth = no Editor
@ $150

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-amplifiers/contemporary-digital/mustang-lt25/2311100000.html

Mustang LT25 incorporates what we've learned over decades of producing the best-sounding guitar amps on the planet. It's ideal for beginners and students, with a super-simple user interface and a collection of 30 presets covering a wide range of music—a "greatest hits" of electric guitar tones. The versatile signal chain with high-quality onboard amp and effects models produces amazing tones, making it an ideal practice amp for home or office.

FEATURES
25-watt combo amplifier
Single 8" Fender Special Design guitar speaker
Wooden cabinet
Simple user interface with 1.8" color display
Stereo headphone output for silent practice

==
https://www.digimart.net/magazine/article/2019012503511.html
Condensing the attention of fender!
Digital amplifier with high quality modeling
 New model Mustang LT 25 is added to Fender's digital amplifier, Mustang series. Like Mustang GT introduced before in the product review, it has a preset that allows you to experience the history of Fender. Twin reverb which is synonymous with clean sound, and tweaks and champs popular with its unique drive sound while being compact, up to the 4 x 10 base man who creates dynamic overdrive make you feel the quality of digital modeling It will do. Especially in the clean sound, the response and compression feeling not found in other digital amps, and the texture of the tone itself are comfortable. From around here I felt very attentive to Fender. In experimental videos it does not change anything, such as EQ, it is simply switching presets, so I think that it would be better to also adjust the EQ and gain according to the guitar you want to use and the tone you want, but first Even if you just check the preset, you can see the potential of this amp.

Fender / Mustang LT 25 (Front)

This machine is equipped with an 8-inch speaker in a wooden cabinet. If you hear it as an 8-inch speaker, you might feel that "small caliber and bass is not enough"? However, I think that you can understand if you actually check the movie, but please also pay attention to the point that you can obtain enough bass from the small size that you can not imagine.

We
also provide necessary and sufficient terminals such as AUX and USB , including effects that can be handled easily

With a 1.8 inch display, you can also check the selected preset and EQ parameters

Not only amp modeling but also effects. Two pre-effects (MOD, STOMP) and two post effects (DELAY, REVERB) are prepared, and these can produce sounds that I want exactly with the minimum necessary control. It will be easy to use if you think that the general guitar RIG (sound system from guitar to amp) is completed in Mustang LT25. From the guitar, go through the STOMP effect (distortion and compressor), the effect of the MODULATION system, to the preamp simulation section. Then it passes through DELAY called post effect, then REVERB, and it is sent to the power amplifier + speaker simulation section. Parameters will be displayed on a 1.8 inch color display and editing will be easy as well.

Effects are equipped with STOMP, MOD, DELAY, REVERB, so it is possible to create various sounds with this one

When OVERDRIVE in STOMP is selected, each parameter is displayed like this and can be changed and saved with your favorite settings

This is an amp type edit screen. The knobs mounted on the main unit and the parameters in the liquid crystal panel are linked

The Mustang LT 25 is capable of updating firmware with USB, and new functions / sound will be provided in the future. Furthermore, since USB also supports audio recording, it is also possible to use this unit as interface / sound device and import the sound directly into PC. In addition, since it is equipped with stereo AUX-in and headphone-out, you can play / practice with external sound source. It is a nice point to be able to use it easily even at night. However, Bluetooth and applications that corresponded to Mustang GT are not supported.

Fender / Mustang LT 25 (Back)

In addition to one aspect of high cost / performance small amp and multi-functional modeling / amplifier, I also want to feel the benefit that the "amplifier as hard" gives to the player, not the plug-in. Everyone who usually enjoys guitar sounds (plug-in effect / amp simulator sound) that sounds from headphones or monitor speakers, let's experience the same and different "sound from amp" I want to. Especially I think that the sound output from a monaural combo type amplifier is quite different from the sound from the stereo monitor speaker. Especially if you enjoy the fender classic and brilliant sound, the difference should be big. And in extreme metal sounds and junk sound presets you can feel a sense of sound creation without omissions. Fender amplifier loved from country guitarist to shred guitarist. It would be that there is no music boundary line in the new compact amplifier made by that fender. I would like to recommend it not only for the first guitar amp, but also for the first digital amplifier.

admin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180174345898402/
Reuben Trevino wrote>
QuoteGot a new gt200 mustang and was playing it when I noticed some audio drops. I called Fender and asked if they are hearing from customers about this issue. Fender asked me if I had turned on the wifi feature. I told fender the wifi was the first thing I turned on so I could check for firmware updates. Fender said the audio drops were the result of the wifi pinging the server and the reason for the audio drops. They also said to turn the wifi off if you dont need to use it and the unit will work fine. This is a newly found bug and this is the current fix. I turned off the wifi and my new mustang gt200 works fine with no audio drops.

dazco

The ones fender uses are similar to the ones in the lower pic but WITHOUT the feature that has them wrapped around the top in a U which is obviously to keep vibration from loosening the connections of the wire which as u likely know is made by little metal blades that cut into the wires to complete the connection between plug and wires. It's a design made to allow for quick manufacture and lower cost, but it's incredibly unreliable. I can't count the number of those i fixed by removing the plug and cutting the ribbon to expose fresh portion then crimping it back onto the plug. Even that's unreliable tho. It's a quick fix but what i learned over time is that with those it's not IF but WHEN they will go unreliable again. Thats why for my personal amp it's gotta be the fix i did or get a different amp, the latter no being much good either because whatever else u get will likely not be much better. It just pi$$es me off to no end the lengths to which manufacturers go to save a few cents per unit with no regard to the end user till it gets to the point they lose sales. Disgusts me.

What i would like to see in place of all connectors is a plug that as a screw that can be tightened to solidly push/lock the male and female connections tightly together for a dead reliable connection. Do that and i will gladly pay and extra $30 or whatever for an amp like that. But ya know who who keeps that from happening? We do with our tight wallets looking to get things as cheap as we can and enabling the kind of cutthroat competition that has everyone cutting costs every way they can to be able to compete. But the consumer's tight wallet is what drives it to this. Oh well...

vtgearhead

Quote from:  admin on December 04, 2019, 05:14:55 PM

Our member "CodeSmart " ( Robert at Primovasound") has working version of his MIDX-20 that works with the older Mustang III V2 USB Port, to provide a standard MIDI foot controller to control all internal amp models and FX.

http://www.primovasound.com/midx_20_page2.html
http://www.primovasound.com/pdf/MIDX_20_Mustang.pdf

But the Fender Mustang Amp User community and parent Fender company showed complete non interest , and direct hostility on Roberts efforts - so a MIDX-20 version for "Mustang GT" is a non-starter         

I'm proud to say they ignored me as well:

https://github.com/snhirsch/mustang-midi-bridge/

dazco

QuoteFor me , the huge hurdle of the Mustang GT amp  -  the constant failure / non operation of the  Fender Expression pedal leaves this as a "for  home use only" Amplifier .   

One day I hope to have free time to purse modify both the Fender 4 button footswitch and Fender Expression pedal for direct DC voltage power from a dedicated power source.
IMHO their 2 wire non shielded cable, for Power and  bi-directional serial bitstream protocol is terrible and not robust for Rock & Roll at local bar.

I have no issues at all with the 4 button FS since i bypassed the pins on the FS board in the amp except it's propensity for the LEDs to take thier sweet time to light at times. But thats not even an issue for me. But i DO have the same issue with the EXP pedal. I however never use it so i'm ok with that. Plus the one thing i may use it for in the future it woks fine for....volume pedal.

On a side note, my biggest issue with the amp now that i have the hardware issues taken care of is the effects assignment. It's idiotic on it's best day. I use delay, chorus, stomp, compressor, and an EQ as volume boost' (gain up a bit, EQ all flat) I only need to switch 3 of those things and because of the order which must be as they are, i cannot switch the chorus on and off by the FS because none of the algorithms u can choose in the effects button assignment work with the way i have every patch set up. So when i want chorus i have to go to the amp and manually turn it off by hand. Lets face this one undeniable fact.....fender does not hire genius', and in fact it's likely they hire people that are about 2 IQ points away from monkey brains. All they would have to do is include in every effect in a patch,  a switch that allows you to go to any effect and choose 1,2 or 3, which refers to the button you wish to activate that effect. Now you have every possibility u could want. I even called them to mention it but of course the person i talked to likely never bothered to mention it to anyone there that would care, assuming of course the unthinkable is true and there IS a single person there that cares. I'm sure they would care if they had to refund a few thousand customers for selling them defective amps, eh?  ::)

admin

https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003536546-How-can-I-control-the-volume-when-streaming-audio-via-BT-AUX-on-my-Mustang-GT-or-Rumble-digital-amp-
How can I control the volume when streaming audio via BT/AUX on my Mustang GT or Rumble digital amp?
Press the "MENU" button
Scroll "Encoder knob" to "BLUETOOTH"and press encoder
Scroll "Encoder knob" to "BT &  AUX VOLUME" setting and press encoder

Here you should see four settings:

a)HIGH

b)NORMAL

c)LOW

d)MASTER

When you select MASTER, The MASTER knob on the amp will control the volume of the streaming audio heard through the amp. Be advised that the MASTER knob also controls the volume of your guitar and you will need to balance the volume using the amp volume knob and/or the streaming device volume control.

The other three options are fixed levels and balancing the volume will have to be done from your streaming device. With the scroll wheel select either "HIGH", "NORMAL" or "LOW" and then adjust the volume on your device to a desirable level.

admin

new Fender Mustang GTX Amp will be released
https://www.tdpri.com/threads/screenshot-new-fender-amp-coming-at-namm.1000519/#post-9555426
https://www.fender.com/articles/gear/sneak-peek-see-fenders-2020-winter-namm-debuts
Mustang GTX
The new Mustang GTX series represents everything that Mustang GT promised – great tone, presets, Wifi, Bluetooth, and a looper – while also offering stage-ready cosmetics, improved Celestion speakers and great-sounding cabinets. When paired with the new Fender Tone 3.0 app, the Mustang GTX becomes Fender's flagship amp for players looking for a wide range of incredible-sounding tones in a flexible, roadworthy and affordable package. The Mustang GTX offers several new effects, amp models, presets, global EQ settings
and 7-button footswitching.

dazco

It should be noted the GTX models and all, the firmware, will be available  for the GT. I said i couldn't imagine they'd do that but seems they must be feeling guilty towards us GT owners. Also, the new 7 button switch will work with the GT. It's looking like the GTX may be a GT with new cab, slight speaker tweaks by celestion to improve it, and possible hardware fixes and tweaks. Hopefully fixes that rectify the dropout and footswitch freezing issues. I have watched several videos where i got this info. Some speculation based on things that were said that seemed to elude to certain changes, and some outright fact like the FS and firmware both working with the GT. The new 7 button switch by the way is optional if u get the 50 watt GTX and is included with the 100 watter. So if you buy the 50 and the switch you only save $20 over buying the 100. GTX50=$380, FS $100=$480 total. GTX100=$500 switch included.

richfromne2

What's up with the volume/expression Pedal that you could attach to the GT/Mustang 4 button Footswitch??

admin

The Mustang GTX is mostly new cosmetic look , and updated Speaker  - but they share same DSP and all I/O ports  with Mustang GT models  - just a different orientation.

Compare

Mustang GTX 100  (Top)

Mustang GT 100  (Top)

Mustang GTX 100  (Rear)

I would expect a GTX-100 has a bit more lower end thump vs a GT 100  - principally due to the larger rear panel enclosures on GTX 100 changes the cab resonance frequency
Mustang GT 100 (Rear )

Quote from:  richfromne2 on January 29, 2020, 03:03:00 PM
What's up with the volume/expression Pedal that you could attach to the GT/Mustang 4 button Footswitch??

You replace / retire  the old 4 button Footswitch and replace with this new GTX-7 Footswitch  ( can not use both at once)

We must await until March 2020 for the Mustang GTX Manual and GTX-7 Foot Switch Manual to be released

According the Fender Reps at 2020 Winter NAMM, around March 2020 new Mustang GT Firmware update will be released for the Mustang GT40, GT100, GT200 which provides the same updates  / Features / functions  as shown at 2020 Winter NAMM for the Mustang GTX 50 and 100 watt models.
IMHO GTX vs GT is cosmetic - All use same Class D Power AMP - apparently the GTX-50 uses an 8 ohm Speaker for 50 watts - while GTX 100 uses a 4 ohm Speaker for 100 watts - Some report different design speakers in GTX, but IMHO its just a different color sticker on the same GP Electronics / Celestion 12" Seventy 80 Speaker
Compare the pics here
QuoteWhat's up with the volume/expression Pedal that you could attach to the GT/Mustang 4 button Footswitch??

Read the Fender Expression pedal and Mustang GT Manuals  and Fender FAQ

https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003535626-How-do-I-use-my-EXP-1-expression-pedal-with-the-Mustang-GT-amp-

richfromne2

Thanks,  I already own A Mustang III V2.0. and A GT-40  and you can use the same expression/ 4- button foot switch In Both. What I'm getting at is that  I just don't see a place to plug in the expression pedal in the new foot switch or the GTX Amp. 
As a Matter of Fact you could have up to six buttons and an expression/volume pedal in the the Mustang III V2.0 (Via a 2 Button Sw and A 4 Button Sw) and for that matter you had a switch on the expression pedal, ....  so that makes 7.
I did own a GT-100 but returned it (Thank you Guitar Center) because iy sounded so 'Boxey' - not a very open sound.
I'm looking forward to trying  the new GTX mainly because of the new Celestion Speaker and Cabinet. Looking for a more open sound

admin

Quote from:  richfromne2 on January 29, 2020, 03:49:49 PM
Thanks,  I already own A Mustang III V2.0. and A GT-40  and you can use the same expression/ 4- button foot switch In Both. What I'm getting at is that  I just don't see a place to plug in the expression pedal in the new foot switch or the GTX Amp. 
As a Matter of Fact you could have up to six buttons and an expression/volume pedal in the the Mustang III V2.0 (Via a 2 Button Sw and A 4 Button Sw) and for that matter you had a switch on the expression pedal, ....  so that makes 7.
I did own a GT-100 but returned it (Thank you Guitar Center) because iy sounded so 'Boxey' - not a very open sound.
I'm looking forward to trying  the new GTX mainly because of the new Celestion Speaker and Cabinet. Looking for a more open sound

I understand -

The Expression pedal connects same as the Mustang GT

Its "daisy chain" Amp > Expression pedal  > Foot Switch

As Detailed here

How Do I Use My EXP-1 Expression Pedal With The Mustang GT Amp?

The Fender EXP-1 Expression pedal offers users the option to assign parameters that are programmable on an amp model or effect. Below are the setup steps to assign the EXP-1 to function as a Wah-Wah. (These are the same steps that can be applied to whatever FX or Amp feature you wish to control with the EXP-1)

1. To connect an EXP-1 to your amp.

Connect a ¼" cable into EXP-1 pedal (connection instructions are on the bottom of the EXP-1) connect the other end of cable into jack labeled "footswitch" on back of amp and connect guitar cable from guitar to "input" jack on amp.

To connect an EXP-1 and MGT-4 together you will need 3 cables to connect both pedals and guitar, connection instructions are on the bottom of the EXP-1 pedal for connecting both pedals.

2. Turn on the amplifier. Turn the Encoder wheel and scroll from preset 1 to preset "74" and press the Encoder to select. (We are using Preset 74 in this example as it has a Pedal Wah effect enabled)

3. Press the "MENU" button on your amp, scroll encoder wheel to "EXP-1" setup option and press the Encoder to select.

4. Scroll the Encoder wheel to "PRESET SETTINGS" option and press the Encoder to select.

5. Scroll the Encoder wheel to select PEDAL WAH. (Please make sure an Amp or an FX is present before proceeding to next step, for this example we're using a Pedal WAH because it is in preset "74").

6. Press the third soft-key and scroll right 1 turn to access "EXPRESS MODE" option, press the Encoder to select and scroll to AMP/FX option and press the Encoder again.

7. Scroll over 1 more turn to access "PARAMETER" option, press encoder and scroll data heel to choose "MIX" to control WAH FX with the EXP-1 expression pedal. Exit out of "EXP-1" menu to test expression pedal by pressing the "MENU" key.

8. There are two additional parameters you can adjust from this screen, they are Heel/Toe adjustments and Bypass (which when accessed from this screen will disable the effect).

Other features to be aware of are:

Global volume can also be controlled along with the chosen parameter you've setup for your expression pedal (Wah Wah for this example) by enabling "Volume Mode" (1st position on bottom row of controls in "EXP-1 PRESET screen)
"BYPASS MODE" (also located in "EXP-1 PRESET screen and 6 turns from the beginning) can also be controlled from this screen when enabled.
If you are happy with the settings, press the Save button to save the updated Preset. Note that you will overwrite the current Preset data when you save the updated Preset to that location.

https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003535626-How-do-I-use-my-EXP-1-expression-pedal-with-the-Mustang-GT-amp-

QuoteAs a Matter of Fact you could have up to six buttons and an expression/volume pedal in the the Mustang III V2.0 (Via a 2 Button Sw and A 4 Button Sw) and for that matter you had a switch on the expression pedal, ....  so that makes 7.
PrimovaSound MIDX-20 for older Mustang V2 Amps  - provides remote MIDI I/O control
http://www.primovasound.com/midx_20.html

richfromne2

Wow! Thanks for the info, I had no Idea that (Miidi)  was even possible, I'll definitely look into it.
As for the Mustang III V2.0 , no need to dust them off. I own 2 of them and use them every day. One is in My Studio, the other is in the Band rehearsal room. And, I ain't getting rid of them t'ill I hear something better from Fender.

Again thanks, Valuable info

admin

Quote from:  richfromne2 on January 29, 2020, 05:27:03 PM
Wow! Thanks for the info, I had no Idea that (Miidi)  was even possible, I'll definitely look into it.
As for the Mustang III V2.0 , no need to dust them off. I own 2 of them and use them every day. One is in My Studio, the other is in the Band rehearsal room. And, I ain't getting rid of them t'ill I hear something better from Fender.

Again thanks, Valuable info

The heavy Handed Fender Forum Mods deleted all my posts 2 years ago when I attempted to inform about the PrimovaSound MIDX-20 USB<> MIDI I/O for Mustang III V2 Amps

So tell other Mustang I/II/III/IV V2 users

admin

According the Fender Reps at 2020 Winter NAMM, around March 2020 new Mustang GT Firmware update will be released for the Mustang GT40, GT100, GT200 which provides the same updates  / Features / functions  as shown at 2020 Winter NAMM for the Mustang GTX 50 and 100 watt models.

The Mustang GTX is mostly new cosmetic look , and updated Speaker  - but they share same DSP and all I/O ports  with Mustang GT models  - just a different orientation.

Compare

Mustang GTX 100  (Top)

Mustang GT 100  (Top)

Mustang GTX 100  (Rear)

Mustang GT 100 (Rear )

admin

For those with the GT, someone who talked to a fender rep recently was told the new firmware for the GT that will update it to the same features and all as the GTX is suppose to drop tuesday, 3 days from now. True or not who knows, but a fender employee said it so could well be. Heres the update page, keep your eye on it tuesday. https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003516523