Tripleplay - Your opinions matter- Post your feature requests here.

Started by FishmanSQA, December 21, 2016, 08:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgearhead

Quote from: stratrat on January 26, 2017, 05:26:57 PM

• Please consider a pro level hardware box with internal sounds as a flagship product. Preferably rackmount (although I realise I'm in the minority there). You have industry best pitch to MIDI conversion, but many of us are forced to stick with our Roland units because the FTP (and laptop computers) are not confidence inspiring enough to gig with. Something built to the level of your Aura series pedals would be wonderful.

+1 on this.  The dependency on a laptop and third-party software is a non-starter for me.  If you could provide a complete performance solution I'd jump for it.  I'm actually very surprised that you do not offer such a product.

shawnb

Best of both worlds... I use the FTP to feed a GR-30.
I just have a little hardware converter between the two.  Works great!

It's my 4th iteration of an FTP rig, and definitely the most solid. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

DF400

QuoteBest of both worlds... I use the FTP to feed a GR-30.

Ditto for me, except I use the GR-33.

Shawn, are you some other hardware for integration of the TRP -> GR-30, other than the FC-1?

shawnb

The fc-1 is tempting.

I currently use a Disaster Area Ghost Converter.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Litesnsirens

Quote from: shawnb on January 29, 2017, 02:11:19 PM
Best of both worlds... I use the FTP to feed a GR-30.

It's my 4th iteration of an FTP rig, and definitely the most solid.

Can you expand on your setup?

shawnb

Quote from: Litesnsirens on January 30, 2017, 04:59:40 PM
Can you expand on your setup?

Pretty simple.  The FTP receiver plugs into the DA Ghost Converter.

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/ghost-converter

The 5-pin Midi out goes to the GR-30.  The GR-30 must use channels 1-6 for the normal FTP setup.  I use HW mode for greatest performance flexibility (mono mode, PBR of 24). 

Biggest limitation is that I can't get the GR-30 to operate in Pedal Mode, which requires hitting the GK S2 button.  Which, of course, the FTP doesn't have...   ::)

The FC-1, I think, would provide more flexibility in programming than just the DA GC.  But this is simple & functional.  Just wish I had a solution for the S2.   

melodymann

I've posted about this before, but seeing as there's a good chance that Sara at Fishman is actually reading this I'll try again.  The problem for me with the triple play is not pitch detection which is what most people think of when they think of tracking. But the triple play seems to let go of that pitch long before I have.

If any other members of the forum could try and duplicate my findings it would be helpful.
Try this:

Bring up any patch with pitchbend  enabled, Play a note and let it sustain while adding vibrato. What happens for me is the natural decay of  The synthesized note does not follow the string.The vibrato actually stops  and is now almost always out of tune with the note  still ringing on my guitar. All my old Roland/axon systems always tracked the  natural decay of the note much better in this regard.

I find that I'm actually afraid to hold a note ( and it's not just pitchbend, sliding a note in chromatic mode suffers the same.)

For the record;
Distance to strings 1 mm
Zero fret ware/ buzz
Intonation/ set up  good
Pitch a 440 (Guitar tuned)
Pitch bend mode: doesn't matter
Hardware/software mode : doesn't matter

If I had to pick attack or decay as far as glitches go, obviously attack is more important but if Fishman  is able to verify and correct (or at least improve) this issue  i'd be very happy

Terry

Litesnsirens

Quote from: shawnb on January 30, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
Pretty simple.  The FTP receiver plugs into the DA Ghost Converter.

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/ghost-converter

The 5-pin Midi out goes to the GR-30.  The GR-30 must use channels 1-6 for the normal FTP setup.  I use HW mode for greatest performance flexibility (mono mode, PBR of 24). 

Biggest limitation is that I can't get the GR-30 to operate in Pedal Mode, which requires hitting the GK S2 button.  Which, of course, the FTP doesn't have...   ::)

The FC-1, I think, would provide more flexibility in programming than just the DA GC.  But this is simple & functional.  Just wish I had a solution for the S2.

And what about your regular guitar tone?

shawnb

Quote from: Litesnsirens on January 31, 2017, 06:42:07 PM
And what about your regular guitar tone?

I've been experimenting a bit.  Mainly using my Dark Fire lately, which I've mounted an FTP on, so I also get 6-channel.  I've used the 6Appeal with this.  Interesting running the DF's piezos thru the 6Appeal's 6-channel analog distortion.  I've also used the VG-99+GR-30. 

I also have an FTP mount on a strat which I want to use more, but oddly, after collecting hex processing for years, I don't have much to run a mono signal thru...   ::)   

But then there's this...   During one of my favorite nights jamming with friends lately, I just plugged my Peavey Wolfgang into my RC Davis tube amp & played straight up.  Go figure.

Smash

I'm using FTP with iPad utilising Midiflow app to re-route the 6 monos into one midi channel. this I use for a pad sound I then reroute channels 5 & 6 to a separate channel for bass on the low E and A strings.

I also use it to remap the FTP volume control to control one of the channel faders in AUM mixer - so for example i may have Sampletank doing bass on bottom 2 strings and then iM1 doing a pad across all 6 with the level controlled by FTP volume control so I can bring it in and out on the fly.

Midiflow is a fantastic app.

FTP in hardware mode does some weird things though - took me quite a while to get the patch changing sorted from the D pad on the FTP. For some reason it sends some form of sysex when use up down patch change which totally muted Sampletank despite physically changing the patch on it (using the Live mode). As soon as I filtered out sysex via Midiflow the patch change worked without the weird muting problem.

What I haven't been able to do is sort the pitch bending - auto setting ends up largely with slightly detuned notes. I tried setting PBR to +-2 on the FTP software (you can't change it on Sampletank - it defaults to 2) but it's largely useless. I have to run in trigger mode for picth bend which isn't ideal - well except for pianos/organs.

shawnb

Quote from: Smash on February 01, 2017, 03:27:27 AM
FTP in hardware mode does some weird things though - took me quite a while to get the patch changing sorted from the D pad on the FTP. For some reason it sends some form of sysex when use up down patch change which totally muted Sampletank despite physically changing the patch on it (using the Live mode).
What I haven't been able to do is sort the pitch bending - auto setting ends up largely with slightly detuned notes. I tried setting PBR to +-2 on the FTP software (you can't change it on Sampletank - it defaults to 2) but it's largely useless. I have to run in trigger mode for picth bend which isn't ideal - well except for pianos/organs.

Whenever using the FTP, you must filter out ALL channel 8 activity.  You must also never enable the FTP control port.   Bad things happen.

Some CCs in Sampletank have fixed definitions and should be avoided.   You end up changing things you don't want to change...   Unfortunately you have to find those out by trial and error...

I have never had a problem with PBR in Sampletank (2.5 or 3.0) in HW mode.   I always use a PBR of 24.  Screenshots showing how to change PBR on Sampletank can be found here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12511.msg91099#msg91099

Make sure tune base on the FTP is 0.

Detuned notes are almost always due to a PBR mismatch.

shawnb

Quote from: melodymann on January 31, 2017, 09:43:14 AM
Bring up any patch with pitchbend  enabled, Play a note and let it sustain while adding vibrato. What happens for me is the natural decay of  The synthesized note does not follow the string.The vibrato actually stops  and is now almost always out of tune with the note  still ringing on my guitar. All my old Roland/axon systems always tracked the  natural decay of the note much better in this regard.

I find that I'm actually afraid to hold a note ( and it's not just pitchbend, sliding a note in chromatic mode suffers the same.)

For the record;
Distance to strings 1 mm
Zero fret ware/ buzz
Intonation/ set up  good
Pitch a 440 (Guitar tuned)
Pitch bend mode: doesn't matter
Hardware/software mode : doesn't matter

The note will always end earlier than the guitar signal.  But you're right, it'd be nice if it could hold on a little longer... 

I suspect you can make improvements here by experimenting with:
  -  Touch sensitivity
  -  Pick/fingerstyle (forget the name...  chose whichever works better...)
  -  Dynamics sensitivity
  -  Dynamics offset

Randyxlch

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 21, 2016, 08:33:49 AM
Hello all-

I'm sure a thread similar to this exists somewhere (for previous versions of TP) , but given the new 1.4 update we wanted to give users a place to express what they would like to see improved upon going forward. What features are you looking for with FTP? If you haven't already, please download the 1.4 update, and let us know. The link is here: http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-updates/

Thanks everyone,
Sara

Randyxlch

When will we hear about the release of east west tripleplay system it's been a while
Since Larry Fishman announced it

admin

I figure by March 2017

I understand they are working on the East -West User interface for FX

Randyxlch

So glad to see progress seems a little slow at times but I believe tripleplay is
The future for us midi guitarists please keep up the good work

musicamex

I'd like to see FTP work with Android and better with Windows.  I have allot invested in Windows gear and programs.  Based on FTP advertising stating windows compatibility I bought a FTP.   To make it work, since my HP laptops wouldn't, even after hooking up with a Fishman Tech online , I had a dedicated laptop built which would probably qualify for use in the CIA but even it froze when i tried to update to the latest firmware.  I'm not a dummie.  I owned and operated an analytical laboratory in the 70s and have been a member of 999 since year 1.  I admit to not keeping up with modern electronics and computers because they frankly don't interest me like building/playing guitars and building my custom tube amps, teaching guitar and sculpting metal among other things.  I am a consumer of musical electronics, not a developer.  I think of what i buy from Fishman or any other music gear developer to be like buying a car.....to be supplied with an easy to understand manual and as close to a "put a key in the ignition and take off accros country while getting the feel of your new purchase whil drivivg it" as possible.  My new Toyota was exactly like that.  No need to understand how the motor, transmission,  AC, or even Bluetooth radio worked without constant reading of forums and updates.

I applaud Fishman for the work on the FTP. It has tremendous potential, especially since Fishman is the only player in the game for all practical purposes.  I just wonder how many of us musicians unlike Elantric and Shawnb planned to invest considerable ducats to be part of a development team.  The vast majority of information and learning, by both Fishman and other users occurs through what is in print here and through other musician/musician brainstorming.  Even my first Perkin Elmer atomic absorption spectrophotometer,  purchaced when the technology was in its infant stages in the 60s worked right out of the box.....no internet, no video tutorials, just a product adequately developed before release and with competent documentation even my lab assistant could understand.  PE enjoyed a long sucessful line of subsequent AA spectrophotometers btw.

I dont intend to give up.  Hopefully i might have a better internet connection at my studio this year and can coordinate another live one on one tech session with Fishman.  As it is now NOTHING is working at all.  FTP is frozen and my dedicated laptop is sitting idle after my last firmware update attempt.  I have a FTP and a FC1 gathering dust (figuratively)  and am back to using 13 pin technology given up on by Roland and Axon after just a few short years of production.  I hope Fishman stays with this product line long enough for it to have appeal beyond the really tech savy guys who post on Virtual guitar.  Judging by the greatly reduced number of posts under the FTP catagoties here, I hope your sales numbers aren't lackluster too.  This has too much potential to quit on.

RIFFIN

Steelrain

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 21, 2017, 08:11:55 AM
I figure by March 2017

I understand they are working on the East -West User interface for FX

When will Fishman replace the beta with a release version of 1.4? Will it coincide with the East West release?

vablows

I for one still very much need MIDI in functionality on the FC-1.
This is the only thing keeping me from completely streamlining my rig.

I cannot use the FC-1 as the brain of my rig, as it is too limited for me with just 3 foot switches.

MIDI thru is of no use for me.

Can MIDI in even be done, Sara?

I would love nothing more than to put the FC-1 in my rack and just control the FTP presets via my MIDI foot controller.

Please make this happen soon if it's possible!

Thank you!

FishmanSQA

Hello Folks-

We are excited to announce that we have released Tripleplay version 1.4, which is available now for download. We hope you are pleased with the many updates and improvements we've worked hard to bring you. Please read all documentation for instructions on upgrading from v1.2, as it is important to do it in a specific order. As always, feel free to post comments, questions and concerns here or contact support directly. Current TP 1.4 beta users are encouraged to check out the EastWest section of the Fishman downloads page for the free teaser pack.

https://www.fishman.com/tripleplay-1-4/
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-downloads/

TriplePlay 1.4 Features:

Sampletank compatible in both 32 and 64 bit
•   New library folders in the patches window
•   MIDI thru to all plugins and external hardware
•   Multi channel Mono and Single channel Poly modes can be chosen on a pre patch basis
•   Editing options are shown when right-clicking on patches
•   Patches window now includes additional Hardware Patches that are saved to the TriplePlay controller.
•   Hardware Patches are automatically saved to the controller after renaming a patch, reordering patches, or clicking the "Save" button.
•   Double-clicking the "Hardware Synth" button underneath the mixer channel opens the TriplePlay controller parameters window.
•   Increased patch load speed
•   Improved Splits functionality
•   New graphic interface
•   Improved patch creation and patch editing features
•   Improved plugin stability
•   Improved DAW functionality
•   Improved multi-instance efficiency and stability inside a DAW
•   Added FC-1 functionality inside a DAW
•   Improved FC-1 MIDI CC configuration utilities
TriplePlay 1.4.104 | TP Firmware: 2.33/1.85 | FC-1 Firmware: v1.5
TriplePlay v1.4 is compatible with Windows 7 and above, and OS X 10.8 and above

Best,

Sara
Fishman Lead SQA

amorph

+1 for iOS integration, configuration app that works with AudioBus!!
Music director at local church and gigging musician:
Variax JTV-69s, FTP pickups, Line6 Helix, EHX LesterG, MIDI Expression I/O, MacBook Pro w/ GigPerformer VST host, Aspen Pittman Spacestation V.3
http://www.ashleymoore.net
http://www.ashleymoore.com

plethoraguy

I'd love to see Fishman team up with an interactive learning tools program, such as  http://www.fachords.com/tools/fretboard-cyber-trainer/
These exist for piano learning where the keyboard responds to midi input but I have yet to find one for midi guitar.

PeterPan8

Here is one suggestion/request:

Be able to "sort" patches by either alpha or numbers. Simply add a small " v " or " ^ " (ascending-descending) at the top of the column would do the trick!

Every time I add a patch, I have to put it at the end, and it can get cumbersome to find them afterwards.

Thanks!

PeterPan8

Here's another suggestion:

- Being able to "Rename" patches. That shouldn't be too hard to implement.

If I create a new patch, I may change some features inside it, and many times the name I came up first is not relevant any more. I need to change the name. At the moment, in order to do so I have to:

1) Create a new patch (from a previous patch).
2) Name that new patch to a more relevant name for my usage.
3) Copy the new patch to an empty slot.
4) Delete the first patch.
5) Move back the newly created patch to the original slot.

I have created more than 70 patches and I play around quite often with them. The renaming, moving, deleting is quite cumbersome!

One other solution would be to create a tool to be able to "Manage Patches..." (Some sort of XML tool, I guess.)

Thanks for listening to a user  :)