Tripleplay - Your opinions matter- Post your feature requests here.

Started by FishmanSQA, December 21, 2016, 08:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSQA

Hello Folks-

I just wanted to let you all know that we are monitoring this thread, and I'm passing along any information we get.  Thanks!

Sara

utensil

Headless68

would it be possible to send output via BT 4.0 rather than dedicated USB dongle ? (without impacting latency)

chrish

Thanks ftp for seeking input from your potential consumer base.

i was going to purchase one of your pickups for my 8 string guitar to pickup signals from  the normal 6 string configuration. That would leave the two added bass strings working as normal.

After speaking with one of your tech guys, it was determined that the 'blub' spacing on the pickup itself would likey interfere with low string 8.

so, could you redesign the pickup and re-tool the molds so that your one potential customer, (maybe a couple more) can use it on a 8 string guitar. ;-)

vxboogie

admin

QuoteThanks ftp for seeking input from your potential consumer base.

i was going to purchase one of your pickups for my 8 string guitar to pickup signals from  the normal 6 string configuration. That would leave the two added bass strings working as normal.

After speaking with one of your tech guys, it was determined that the 'blub' spacing on the pickup itself would likey interfere with low string 8.

so, could you redesign the pickup and re-tool the molds so that your one potential customer, (maybe a couple more) can use it on a 8 string guitar. ;-)

Or simply buy a FTP and do as others already have done, swap the hex pickup to a different model that fits your guitar or mount the FTP reversed

Details
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10692.0

chrish

I discussed those options with the tech rep after reading that thread a while back, and it's not recommended to mess with the wiring.

TG

It would be great to be able to buy the various OEM verisons for custom installs. (like on the godin montreal tripleplay or the fender triple plays)
i contacted my local luthier, and he wasn't able to, I contacted fishmans london distrubutor and they couldn't and was told by fishman direct in an email that they are basically not available for purchase separately.  Wasn't given a reason though.

Elantric

QuoteIt would be great to be able to buy the various OEM verisons for custom installs.

Agreed

Last weekend at NAMM I located luthier from Spain who built a fine custom guitar with the FTP OEM Kit.
www.soulezza.com

http://www.headlessusa.com/xs-tremolo

He admitted he had to purchase a Godin Session Tripleplay to source the Fishman FTP parts for the custom build

I asked if the guitar was for sale, but he said it was already sold to John McLaughlin

http://soulezzaguitars.com/index.html

Litesnsirens

Quote from: drbill on December 21, 2016, 12:16:33 PM
13-pin to USB &/or 5-pin MIDI out hardware to use for guitars that already have 13-pin output installed.

I'm a little slow on the uptake to this idea, so could you give an idea as to how you envision your set up with your 13 pin guitar.   I think this idea alone might capture everything I would be looking for but not sure.   So I'll offer my own wish list alongside this just to capture everything.

Caveat**** I don't own a triple play yet, watched lots of YouTube trying to determine the capabilities but I'm still not 100% clear.

So here goes.  Whether I need to retrofit my current 13 pin guitars or just use the original suggestion above of some 13 pin to USB connection, or even just uninstall my gk-3 and install the current FTP pickup. My wish list revolves around the FTP replacing my GR-55, since I appears Roland is abandoning this tech. 

So the quickest easiest way to cover all my wishes would be another piece of hardware along the lines of your FC-1, but bigger with more foot switches and an expression pedal.  Put all the firmware inside to  negate the need for a laptop, tablet or external synth.

So built in synth, guitar modelling, amp modelling and effects.  You plug the dongle into this unit and there you go, everything a guitarist could want.   Along with the guitar modelling of course alt tunings.  If there's the ability to have say 4 instances of instruments to blend together, let us choose if those instances are going to be guitar models or synths. 

The biggest complaint from all Roland guitar synth users is the latency in tracking pcm tones via midi.  You seem to have that solved and you did it wirelessly.  Therefore, I say, "If you build it, we will come".

Elantric

Quote13-pin Input to  5-pin MIDI out hardware box to use for guitars that already have 13-pin output installed.

This path exists for folks who solder

FTP - DIY adapter to use GK 13 Pin Guitars with Tripleplay
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.0

Or

Headless68

joaobraga

whippinpost91850

+1  I would love to mount one in my custom synth guitar

stratrat

My thoughts:

• Please consider a pro level hardware box with internal sounds as a flagship product. Preferably rackmount (although I realise I'm in the minority there). You have industry best pitch to MIDI conversion, but many of us are forced to stick with our Roland units because the FTP (and laptop computers) are not confidence inspiring enough to gig with. Something built to the level of your Aura series pedals would be wonderful.

• A way to interface existing 13-pin guitars - not only to capture the existing market, but also because piezos are the only type of hex pickup that works for nylon strings. After all, Fishman are one of the leading names in piezos.

• A way to send at least one guitar signal through the same wireless system.

BTW - At one time I did all your local distributor's product workshops and clinics as well as all the fitting and warrantee work for my entire country. Was a Powerbridge endorser too, but eventually had to move over to Graph Tech as they had the Hexpander.

Litesnsirens

Quote from: Elantric on January 26, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

So would something like this, with one of those 13 pin a/b boxes, give me the ability to go one or the other or both? Meaning gr55 and ftp.

Elantric

jassy

Quote from: Elantric on January 26, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

Well that is a good request even to Fishman IMHO.

GuitarBuilder

+1 on iOS app

+1 on OEM installation kit for luthiers
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Litesnsirens

Ok now i have to figure this out ...i could get an FTP, the a/b box...and say an integra 7 and pretty much be where i want to be...I would get someone else to do the solder job,,,cuz I'm not good enough.

admin

Still need a USB host to MIDI adapter

Many are listed here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15763.0

Litesnsirens

I guess i would need the FC-1 as well.  Maybe now it's starting to get a little complicated.   I'm back to "Fishman, build the box".  For now anyway, until my frustration level ramps up even further.