Tripleplay - Your opinions matter- Post your feature requests here.

Started by FishmanSQA, December 21, 2016, 08:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSQA

Hello all-

I'm sure a thread similar to this exists somewhere (for previous versions of TP) , but given the new 1.4 update we wanted to give users a place to express what they would like to see improved upon going forward. What features are you looking for with FTP? If you haven't already, please download the 1.4 update, and let us know. The link is here: http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-updates/

Thanks everyone,
Sara

Elantric

iPad/ iPhone FTP configuration app

Headless68

Nice to see a manufacturer tapping into the forum
Kudos to Fishman

+1 for iOS integration

shawnb

I have had my own old 2013 list in a thread, copied here.   I'm happy to say that Fishman has been closing items out all along.   

It appears v1.4 just closed out #5 and possibly - my biggest pet peeve - #2 (I insist on sync'ing tempos).  Still learning and testing the new UI. 

#PriorityAffectsOpen?Desc/Workarounds
2TopApp/VSTOpenTempo management.  The ability to tap tempo, either via the GUI, via the dpad, or by assignment to a foot controller.  The ability to honor MIDI clock & pass it to all downstream gear, both VST and hardware.  The purpose is to synchronize LFOs across all FX, whether they are embedded within VSTs (for guitar FX as well as synths) or in downstream hardware.
3HighAppOpen/WorkaroundNative iPad/Android support for an FTP app.  This may ultimately be the best way to make building an FTP rig affordable, thus increasing reach to a broader demographic.  Workaround is to use HW mode. (Don't do this too soon or I'll be upset I bought my new laptop...)
5MidAppOpenKeep online (VST) user presets separate from offline (hardware mode) presets.  Jumbling all presets altogether makes it difficult to move from an online mode to a standalone remote mode.  They are different beasts & should be different lists.
7MidApp/VSTOpen/WorkaroundAlternate tunings supported by software configuration.  Workaround exists by loading 6 instances & changing pitch of each.  Ungainly, though.
8LowApp/VSTOpenPerformance window, for stage usage.  Specifically LARGE patch/synth names, LARGE tuner and LARGE BPM readout.  I should be able to read the patch names 20 feet away in poor lighting.  Possibly show prior & next patch names in a scrolling style (in a smaller font?), in case you need to scroll/search.
9LowAppOpenDiscreet guitar output.  Ability to route guitar output to a separate pair of stereo audio ports than the VST synth audio output, so guitar & synth can have different downstream amplification/processing.
10LowAppOpen/WorkaroundSupport for running VST FX for synths as well as guitars. In particular, a limiter at the end of the signal chain.  Workaround for many synths us to use their onboard FX.
11LowHWOpen/WorkaroundLeft handed support, ie., the ability to mount the pickup in the other direction.  I know there is a relatively easy wiring workaround, but I'd rather not have to take out my toolbox to configure my gear.
12Low (Sorry...)HWOpenBass support
1TopAppClosed!Support for MIDI Controllers.  E.g., for a wah or solo switch on guitar FX or a filter cutoff freq for a synth.  I really think this is an easy matter of passing MIDI on its input thru to its hosted VSTs.  Note this is not a limitation when FTP is run as a VST, as your DAW does the MIDI routing.
6MidAppClosed!MIDI output.  To support hardware synths as well as pass MIDI clock/controller data to downstream gear (synths & guitar FX).  I suspect you can work around this using MIDIOX or similar.
13HighHWClosed!True "factory reset", to truly restore HW and all configs to a known stable config.
14HighApp/VSTClosed!Save & share patches and configurations.  If I have two instances of FTP (home studio & road rig), I want to easily move my work from one to the other.  Also this would help your support folks diagnose issues; ask for the patch/config.
15HighApp/VSTClosed!Support for running 64-bit VSTs, for instruments and effects.
4MidAppClosed!Remove the dependency on an audio device to run the app.  If there is no dependency on an audio device, it's easier to run the app parallel to any DAW or other VST host, increasing flexibility in your rig.  AT THE VERY LEAST, improve the message to indicate 'no audio' as opposed to saying it can't find the controller.

Original thread:  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9272.msg66894#msg66894
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb

#5 - in my list above is now closed.  HW patches are now separate.

#2 is partially met.  Tempo is passed from the master to child VSTs when using the FTP in a DAW!  This makes tempo management/synchronization feasible within a DAW setting.   

Using the FTP as a standalone app, however, I still can't find a way to sync tempos across synths & guitar FX.  I think this restricts the ability to use the FTP as a standalone VST host. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

joaobraga

admin

More variations on Rock Saxes for the sample libraries

whippinpost91850

drbill

13-pin to USB &/or 5-pin MIDI out hardware to use for guitars that already have 13-pin output installed.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

whippinpost91850

Quote from: drbill on December 21, 2016, 12:16:33 PM
13-pin to USB &/or 5-pin MIDI out hardware to use for guitars that already have 13-pin output installed.

YES ! YES! YES!

dafrimpster

admin

Update FTP Controller hardware  - update the the micro USB charge only connector to become both a micro USB Battery charge input + direct "MIDI over USB"  USB OTG Class compliant data I/O connector.
Goal is provide a USB wired option for GLOBAL TRAVELERS  - to address the few times when the local RF (Wi-Fi,etc) environment is too crowded, with resulting FTP disconnect issues.

The Numark Orbit wireless MIDI controller
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15927.0

employs a similar "MIDI over USB" +Battery Charge on same USB connector function- just use the same make/model Micro USB type B Client connector as FTP Controller already uses now. (Only a respin of the PCB)

suggest make similar "MIDI over USB" updates to the OEM FTP kits

concordal

Another +1 for 13-pin to USB &/or 5-pin MIDI out hardware to use for guitars that already have 13-pin output installed.

joaobraga

jassy

The most important one

bbob

+1 on this also.

Sorry, I was slow on the uptake  ;D

ainsoph

Elantric

Surprised I'm the first to request this

How about a 6 string bass version of Tripleplay - clone the Mag hex PU dimensions from the GK-3B, which allows support for 4,5,6, string basses

(Yes i know the battle is higher "Bass to MIDI" latency when processing lower frequency strings, but with latest ARM cores in TI Sitara line,  the market does exist for such a product 

http://garywillis.com/gwb35-gk-3b-install/

alfstone

+ 1 million

Alfredo

BBach

I wishthere was an option to not send a program change when changing patches on FC-1/ hardware. I have 7 programs that pretty much cover what I might need to do. If I decide to change one of those patches the synth program I'm editing disappears. I can work around this by temporarily disabling the input to the DAW when I change FC-1 patches, but it's one more step to remember. Also, I wish you could set a max and min value for continuous control messages activated by FC-1 foot switches. That would be a lot more flexible and useful than all or nothing. The ability of the FC-1 to receive midi program changes so if you do assign program change messages, you don't have to step through 200 foot switches to make use of the 200 patches. A manual update would be nice. Midi implement specs seem like something everyone expects. You guys must have put a midi in din jack on the FC-1 for some reason. It seems to me that Fishman has always had their own vision about how this product should be used and didn't spend a lot of creative capital to accommodate the many different ways a midi guitarist might work. The latest update does seem more stable, seeing as I had to uninstall and reinstall the program every time I used it before. I'm still getting some weirdness running 1.4 alongside Sonar Platinum, but unable to consistently predict the nature of the problems yet. I'm really happy you guys are still working at it. I can't imagine why the tracking would have improved, but it does seem almost perfect. This is a great product

Vaultnaemsae

I would really like ta seperate commercially available luthier kit for the FTP so as to be able to install it internally on a guitar myself. I understand that this is not currently an option :( 
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

mechanevil

Hi, could it be made possible for the Triple Play FC-1 to pass through midi clock data? I'm incredibly frustrated that it's unable to do this.