Tripleplay with classical guitar

Started by Don Bird, January 03, 2016, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Bird

hi I really only play classical guitar and was wondering if anyone has tried to use the Thomastic steel core classical string with a Triple Play yet

jassy

"Classical guitar" does not mean nylon strings?

Don Bird

Yes classical is nylon but thomastik make a steel core nylon wound strings that work on magnet pickup electric guitars, but the winding might be too much for the tripleplay

jassy

Quote from: Don Bird on January 04, 2016, 12:43:28 AM
thomastik make a steel core nylon wound strings that work on magnet pickup electric guitars
Wow never heard of this, interesting.
Obviously not tried it so I cant help to your question, hope others can help and welcome to the forum!.

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Don Bird

Thanks for that Brakman, now ill try and find how good the tracking is with the rolands comparred to other strings and that should give me the answer

Brak(E)man

QuoteThe strings are about three times the price of a normal nylon set but worth every penny. One of the amazing things about the above mentioned Thomastic Infeld KR116 strings is that they have a steel rope core. This means they will work with conventional magnetic pickups, including Roland GK type pickups. I've also fitted these strings to my Glissentar which made a remarkable difference to the playability of the instrument. A Roland GK pickup can then be used on the Glissentar, it works perfectly, even if one of the dual course strings is slightly out of tune. - See more at: http://www.unfretted.com/hardware/
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Pin

This sounds very interesting to me. If these strings work ok with a GK then I can't think of any obvious reason why they wouldn't work with a FTP. But has anyone done it yet?