VG-99 -Racer X - Superheroes

Started by A2theT, April 01, 2009, 06:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

This is the patch I use for playing Racer X stuff.  (err...trying to play racer X stuff).
Anyway, I included an mp3 clip so you can listen before download.  My B string broke at the end and I didn't bother cropping the clip.  sorry.  I won't be buying DR Colour strings anymore. Althought the black ones look great on my black guitar they always seem to break on me....
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

sixeight

I love the DR long life string on electric guitar. I used to break string every other concert. So they are a life-saver to me. Don;t know how you manage to break them...

A2theT

Strange my guage is 10-46 (better for tracking with gk pickup) and I have broken strings 1-4 fairly frequently.  5 and 6 have never broken.  Maybe It my old Ibanez bridge causing it.  I'll have to inspect that.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

MidiBuzz

I haven't broken any either (I wear the color off pretty quickly where I pick though).
I would check the bridge very carefully and consider some other saddles (assume you're using a GK, bot a GHOST or RMC).

BTW, I like the broken sting effect  8)
Stay Tuned!
Buzz