Midi guitar controllers info/advice

Started by romero, October 05, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romero

Hey All. I have been considering getting another midi guitar controller. Has anyone played a Yourock guitar gen 2 w/radius neck? if so any opinions/thoughts would be appreciated. I have had a Z-tar in the past it was great, but just way too expensive for my budget. I spoke with Harvey at Starr-labs and He said the I-tar(Ipad based) z-tar and the G-tar (button neck) based controller should be available by years end and priced at $399 each, I have a sound module/sampler so the Itar is not for me, and the gtar doesn't have string triggers so another no go. On the YRG front the YRG Pro is supposedly coming soon but at a $800-ish price tag i will pass. So for my needs i am considering the YRG(yourock guitar)gen2 with radius neck.

mrmobus2014

On the basis of this video I'd say it was definately worth a punt

mrmobus2014

utensil

I've got the triple play, gr-55 and axon ax-50 (triggered by piezo and roland GK) and you rock 1st gen and I'd rate the yourock as the best midi controller amongst those. I use the triple play purely because I already have the guitar in my hands. It's a bit toy like but amazing considering the cost.