VG-99 - Fender B-Bender

Started by baranger1, October 03, 2008, 09:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baranger1

I uploaded a B-Bender Mp3 and patch in the Ruppert patch folder.
The B-Bender is a mechanical device built into a Fender Tele that bends only the B
string.
It is connected to the strap button and allows a regular guitar to get
a very Pedal Steel sound with out a slide or special tunings.
Pushing down on the body of the guitar bends the pitch of the B string.

This patch bends the B string digitally and believe me it is much easier to play than the real deal!
Its sort of an instant Pedal Steel guitar
It works great with simple chord forms.
Experiment with what chord shapes it works on and its very easy work into and Country stuff you play.

For more info on the real B-Bender see the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-Bender

This VG-99 patch bends the B string with the Exp #1 pedal on my FC-300.
If you use another expression pedal you can re assign it in the "Assign Control"
section

Have fun "Ya All"

Bill Ruppert

sixeight

Nice patch.

Guitar volume of the B-guitar is set to zero in the patch.

Bill, what are your GK sensitivity settings. The patch sounds much bigger on my setup compared to the mp3.

baranger1

I am sure I played with the amp EQ as I recorded the clip.
So it will be some what modified.
I always do as I record.
I enclosed another tiny clip of the patch un touched.

My GK settings are in the 70,s but I have other settings in the 30/40,s.
I re posted the patch with the GK volume up.

Bill

big_jan

thanks Bill! that was indeed kind and generous of you!

duffy

Bill you is the man!!!! Thanks,I was listening to your new sound click stuff and as usual you've surpassed yourself.There's a couple I'd kill for if you have the time to give some hints of your starting points.The sarod is beautiful.Did you use a dobro setting for it? And the Lowery is killer any hints on that one too would be greatly accepted.Thanks again for all the great ideas.

Duffy

baranger1

Thanks guys,
Duffy,
The Sarod patch was done with the Banjo model.
After studying the construction of the instrument I saw it was a skin covered sound box with a fretless neck made of metal.
Its a Fretless Banjo!
Its also play with a large pick.
Cool sound and I just came as close as I could that day and played some Indian blues.
Its funny when you tear apart emotional music for ALL continents you see its really just blues of some form.
Its all the same at the core.
We are all so connected and so "all" the same.
Music is a universal language. Its sad the politicians have to get in the way and ruin it! 

The "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is an attempt to sound like the Lowery organ the Beatles used.
I used an Organ model in one channel and the Wave Synth in the other.
Its not 100% but it sure gives you the felling of the real deal!
(Man I LOVE the Wave Synth model!!!!)

Thanks again and good luck and have fun!

Bill Ruppert

PS the sounds Duffy is talking about are on a Soundclick page I use to show my friends and family new stuff I am working on.
Its:

duffy

Fretless banjo!! I'll take a stab at that myself.Thanks for the tip Bill. And yeah the Lowery thing totally works.In a mix it would be perfect.Thanks again for the tips Bill.

And you're so right music is the best way of expressing emotions I've found so far.And unlike the old Cream tune I not a Political Man with a big black car. :)

Duffy