Boss 200 Series

Started by admin, June 13, 2019, 05:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

I dont find the SY lacking in delay options - Reverb however is a different story, Im surprised that Boss havent done a 200 series reverb with the strymon type options in it

Boss4Life

Quote from: ricmus on March 08, 2020, 05:27:51 PM
Hi again. I have reinstalled the update, but when I press the memory button I cycle from "man" to 1,2,3,4 e return to "man" again. Is someone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if you got it figured out yet but you have to set how many memories that you want. So go into the menu and turn the Param knob to "Ett (EXTENT TO)" and press the Param knob and turn it until you come to the amount of memories that you want. For instance I selected "n-8" so I have 8 memories to scroll through. I hope that helps...

Chris

Boss4Life

Anyone having this problem?

I have the Boss GT1000 currently using midi out to change my IR's in my Line 6 Powercab Plus 112 (on midi channel 2) and though the Powercab and into my Digitech Whammy (on midi channel 1) that just has a midi in. They all play very nice together and change just like they should.

Well I recently bought the OD 200 and want it at midi channel 3. And I have it running through my effects loop 1 in my GT1000. As you know Boss put the stupid 1/8" TRS jacks on the 200series. So I decided to save a little cash and not but much, but I bought a couple $15 cables from TRS 1/8" to male midi. I also bought a couple little cables that are TRS 1/8" to female midi. They all look well made but I cannot get  to switch midi pc or cc messages. I've even bypassed my cab and whammy and go directly midi out of the GTK to the TRS 1/8" input of the 200.

Nothing works! I called Boss and was on hold for 45 minutes and then talked to someone that didn't seem very eager to troubleshoot my problem. Instead, he just kept telling me to figure it out. I feel that it may be the cables si I ordered the Boss ones that will be here next Tuesday.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

admin

Quote from: Boss4Life on May 22, 2020, 08:33:54 PM
Anyone having this problem?

I have the Boss GT1000 currently using midi out to change my IR's in my Line 6 Powercab Plus 112 (on midi channel 2) and though the Powercab and into my Digitech Whammy (on midi channel 1) that just has a midi in. They all play very nice together and change just like they should.

Well I recently bought the OD 200 and want it at midi channel 3. And I have it running through my effects loop 1 in my GT1000. As you know Boss put the stupid 1/8" TRS jacks on the 200series. So I decided to save a little cash and not but much, but I bought a couple $15 cables from TRS 1/8" to male midi. I also bought a couple little cables that are TRS 1/8" to female midi. They all look well made but I cannot get  to switch midi pc or cc messages. I've even bypassed my cab and whammy and go directly midi out of the GTK to the TRS 1/8" input of the 200.

Nothing works! I called Boss and was on hold for 45 minutes and then talked to someone that didn't seem very eager to troubleshoot my problem. Instead, he just kept telling me to figure it out. I feel that it may be the cables si I ordered the Boss ones that will be here next Tuesday.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Must order the correct TRS To MIDI Male Type A 1/8" TRS to 5 pin MIDI cables for Boss gear

Use Stereo 3.5mm TRS minijack cables for MIDI?
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15986.0
https://minimidi.world/

Boss  BMIDI-5-35 TRS-MIDI Cable
(Used on Boss 200 Series Effects)
https://www.boss.info/global/products/bmidi-5-35/

TRS To MIDI Male Type A
(Boss, Akai Pro, IK Multimedia, Korg, Line 6, littleBits, Make Noise)

Pin 5-Tip (Current Sink)
Pin 4- Ring (Current Source)
Pin 2 – Sleeve (Shield)

Boss4Life

Thank you, that's good information to keep on file. My Roland/boss cables came today and one of those worked but the other one kept springing out of the jack like there was too much rubber on the 1/8" plug. So I am sending that one back to Sweetwater and they are sending me a new cable. They could not tell me if they were class A or class B but that cable worked. Now I need a short cable to go from TRS 1/8" to female Midi. I ordered the 1010 adapter cable that they had on stock, plus I ordered the female to female barrel coupler as well.

I have the Boss EQ 200 due to arrive next week and want to connect midi to that as well. Quite the adventure.

Thanks again for your info.
Chris

admin

Quotebut the other one kept springing out of the jack like there was too much rubber on the 1/8" plug.

Myself - id fix it in 30 seconds with a hobby knife

But official Boss TRS to MIDI cable should look like this

QuoteI ordered the 1010 adapter cable that they had on stock, plus I ordered the female to female barrel coupler as well.

We know that 1010Music employ  TRS TYPE B MIDI cables  - so that will NOT work with the Boss 200 series which require TRS TYPE A MIDI cables 

There is a TRS to MIDI cables  Decoder table

Boss4Life

Yes I ordered it before I saw the above chart

Boss4Life

I need to connect the TRS 1/8" out from the OD200 to the TRS 1/8" in on the EQ200. Is there A or B with those cables as well?

Chris

admin

Quote from: Boss4Life on May 23, 2020, 12:23:21 PM
I need to connect the TRS 1/8" out from the OD200 to the TRS 1/8" in on the EQ200. Is there A or B with those cables as well?

Chris

From OD200  TRS MIDI OUT into EQ200 TRS MIDI IN - just a typical 3.5mm TRS cable is what you need