Recent Posts

Boss SY-1000 - Examples / Re: Boss SY-1000 - Video
Last post by BROCKSTAR - April 11, 2024, 05:39:33 PM
Signal Path:  Kiesel Zeus Guitar into Boss SY-1000 acoustic guitar model into two Eventide H90 Head Space algorithms in parallel and Kiesel Zeus Guitar into Boss GM-800 Guitar Synth using a dry synth pad sound into two Eventide H90 Head Space algorithms in parallel into another Eventide H90 with TremoloPan algorithm and Diatonic algorithm in parallel.

GM-800 Top things to Know / Re: Boss GM-800 Videos
Last post by BROCKSTAR - April 11, 2024, 05:39:11 PM
Signal Path:  Kiesel Zeus Guitar into Boss SY-1000 acoustic guitar model into two Eventide H90 Head Space algorithms in parallel and Kiesel Zeus Guitar into Boss GM-800 Guitar Synth using a dry synth pad sound into two Eventide H90 Head Space algorithms in parallel into another Eventide H90 with TremoloPan algorithm and Diatonic algorithm in parallel.

VB-99 General / Re: GK volume knob maxes out a...
Last post by Elantric - April 11, 2024, 05:35:08 PM
Review this thread

Importance of GK-VOL Assignment

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2246.0
Boss RC-600 Looper / Re: Proper level for input?
Last post by Petros_k - April 11, 2024, 04:31:13 PM
Try to understand what I did today to check this again:

I ran a guitar cable straight from my guitar to my amp and noted the level. I then connected the guitar to an RP360 effects unit and set the master volume to get me about the same level. The master volume goes to 99. I achieved what sounded close to unity gain at 70.

Then I connected the effects unit to the RC-600, setting the input for "instr" (not line). I then put the main output knob at 12 o'clock, which the display shows is 100 (if all the way up it goes to 200). 

At this point, what I hear out of the RC-600 is the same as what I hear from just going out of the effects unit into the amp. That should mean I've got unity gain with the RC-600.

-BUT, when I look at the input meter on the RC-600 I don't get it registering at about half the length of the meter until I turn it up to 130, which obviously now makes it also sound much louder. It doesn't quite sound distorted, just louder as expected. Of course, I now need to turn down the main output knob below 100, but that shouldn't be an issue like getting an input level so that the meter registers.

Is that it? Should I stop there? Just leave input level at 130?

My question to Roland was basically: Is this what I should be doing so that the input meter registers as it shows on pg. 8 of the manual? Because following my procedure I'm not sure why I need to turn up the input level to 130. The answer from Roland was that there is no "proper" way to set the input level, which kind of contradicts pg. 8 of the manual and leaves me guessing am I making a mistake.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to avoid here is recording a whole bunch of loops at a poor input level and then needing to re-record everything again. When I was using the RC-500 I had no concern for this because that unit does not have a meter display, only a color-coded LED indicator (green=low, orange=suitable, red=high) and you are supposed to set input level so that the indicator is occasionally going into the red. With other loopers I've used in the past made by Digitech I also had no concern for proper input level. But with the RC-600 I was under the impression there is a proper input level to get the best recording onto a track.

And there's also one more meter on the RC-600 if you go to the mixer display: a "loop out" meter, and you can see that as you add tracks the level gets closer to 100. This level can also be adjusted, but default is 100. What I discovered is when the main output is at 100 and loop output is at 100, the level meters indicate main out equals loop out. But again, this doesn't concern me like what should be the proper input level to record onto a track. I can turn down the main output knob below 100.

It appears that the lower your input level when recording the tracks the more headroom you'll have at the loop output meter. But is the loop output meter "overloaded" if it exceeds 100? So far that's not a problem with me but I guess you could just turn down the loop output level.
Quote from: woogish on April 11, 2024, 01:00:50 PMHello!

When I try tp install this in a Win XP Home Edition SP3 laptop, it says it's not a valid 32 bit application!

Help???!!!!
Windows Xp has not been supported for more than 10 years, since it's release in 2001 and ended in 2014.
All current FxFloorBoard programs are for 64 bit operating systems only.
QuoteQuote from Microsoft
"After 12 years, support for Windows XP will end on April 8, 2014"

Maybe try a very old version from the Archive folder.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/files/GR-55/Archive%20-%20older%20versions/

Windows Vista was released in 2006, so your laptop has got to be at least 18 years old.
Might be time for a new one.
Last post by gclev - April 11, 2024, 02:17:19 PM
Realized I could test the gk3b on my vg99 and discovered something I didn't know.

The gk3b acted the same way on the vg as on the vb: cosm bass sounds played even when the gk is switched to bass only. The weird thing was, so does my brian moore guitar that has 13 pin. When the switch is to guitar only, the cosm guitar sound plays. I always thought the cosm guitar cut out. That's when I discovered it only cuts out because switching to guitar only drops the cosm guitar volume to zero so no cosm sound gets through signal path. Some patches aren't set up that way on my vg because I mostly play without the guitar pups. I normally only play the cosm guitars so don't bother much with switching to guitar only.

Do I have this right, that the reason switching to guitar or bass only on a gk makes it only guitar or bass is because it drops the cosm volume to zero, not that that signal is being cut from the path at the switch?

Guess this would mean programming patches to work properly. I thought I had some in the vb working right but now they don't which is the odd part.

Still need to figure how to set gk volume knob to reach 100 if anyone knows...
Last post by gclev - April 11, 2024, 01:45:00 PM
Need to backtrack here. Thought I had it somewhat working but thinking maybe my gk3b is broken. Now I can't cut out the gk signal from the bass only setting no matter what parameter the gk volume is assigned to. Flipping the switch takes out the bass pu when set to gk only but switching to bass only includes the gk sound.

Is there a vb setting I somehow made that would include the gk sound in the bass only setting on the gk in all the patches?  Don't think I did anything. I thought the switch cut out the gk sound no matter what so maybe my gk is broken.

I got it used from guitar center so can return it but if it's just a vb setting issue, that would be great.
Gumtown Editor General Discussion / Re: GR-55 - Gumtown's GR-55 Fl...
Last post by woogish - April 11, 2024, 01:00:50 PM
Hello!

When I try tp install this in a Win XP Home Edition SP3 laptop, it says it's not a valid 32 bit application!

Help???!!!!
VB-99 General / GK volume knob maxes out at 42...
Last post by gclev - April 11, 2024, 12:47:17 PM
Having another gk3B issue I've been trying to figure out. Whenever the gk switch is moved to bass only and then moved back to mix or gk only, whatever parameter the gk volume is assigned to in the system control assign window is automatically adjusted to 42 and I can't turn it up any higher with the gk volume knob.

In other words, I assigned the gk volume to bass a&b volume and have the bass a&b volume set to 100. If I switch the gk to bass only and then back to mix or gk only, the bass a&b volume swings to 42. The other weird thing is the gk volume maxes out at 42, so I can't turn it up on the gk, only on the vb.

It happens in every patch and for any parameter I have the gk volume assign to. So v-bass volume, mix volume, etc all would swing to 42 if they're assigned to the gk volume.

I guess the problem is how do I make the gk volume work so it maxes out at 100? The gk switch is swinging to whatever the volume of the gk volume knob is. If I can get the knob to reach 100 then the switching issue isn't a problem anymore.

Any idea how to solve this? Currently don't have anything assigned to the gk volume but would like to have it be bass a&b volume.
Yeah, I hear this.  Had a choppy result at times using FTP.
The VG-99 or GP-10 nylon has felt like the more organic of them.

The feature i seek is the ability to whammy on a nylon string (a physical impossibility) which has only been feasible on my VG/GP units so far.

As in https://youtu.be/l44S6kMUB88?si=amvz2X2tJikEVzCU&t=1882

But given the MIDIGUITAR2/3
I'm considering acquiring it and loading it  with Omnisphere, and then
Bob's your uncle...

That Xsonic pro floor interface looks like a dream.