Atomic CLR / CLR NEO

Started by ianridge, April 26, 2013, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whippinpost91850

I beta tested these for Tom. And I love it for live . Sounds great with my Kemper and holds together  with bassy organ patches on my GR55

And you can't beat the weight

jimmyj

So far I've owned and sold two QSC Kw122's, two FBT Verve 12ma's an Alto and a Traynor K4 and nothing sounds as good as the two CLR's I have now. I added a Port City 2x12 cabinet to my powered Kemper and now I have the best of both worlds.

whippinpost91850

you must run in stereo... That is awesome

jimmyj

I do run in stereo, sort of. I run my VG-99 into a Focusrite 6i6 via spdif and then spdif out of the 6i6 to the Kemper. Two of the outs from my Focusrite 6i6 run into the two powered CLR's. The powered Kemper drives the Port City 2x12 with Celestion speakers. The CLR'S sound perfect with the acoustic and synth sounds in the VG99 with the Port City adding some bottom. The Port City adds the amp in the room feel for heavier guitar sounds.  I had seven musician friends at my studio last week and none of them could tell the difference between the VG99 acoustic sims and my real Taylor acoustic. It truly sounds like stereo times 10. I guess you could call it on stereoids  . I just purchased a Boss GP-10 so now if I can only figure out how to add that to the system.