GR-55 - 23 banks with synth patches

Started by rudi rudolf, September 20, 2011, 01:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi rudolf

:)hello everyone: I started with the legendary GR-50 and am very pleased to end up these days with the GR-55... what a long journey in the world of guitar synthesizers! What I did here was to work me through all of the internal synth sounds, pick the ones I like best and build patches around them. The number given in the display is the number of the sound in the manual. Only a few patches have modelling guitar mixed in - and then only clean sounds to help the synth sound evolve. Some patches are quite tweaked concerning VCA/VCF etc. settings and many are two sounds combined. My interest was mainly to achieve really playable patches, not so much to use each and every sound...enjoy!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group rudi rudolf!  :)

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Deacon Blue

I've been modifying my user preset bank with some patches from the forum and I just wanted to thank you and every else responsible for these great patches!! I have no aversion to tweaking patches (which is a fun adventure!) but I really appreciate someone else's effort to search for the holy grail of tone! I hope to be able to upload some patches of my own in the near future if time allows. This has been a great forum for GR-55 users and because of this,our understanding of this technology is helping everyone involved. Once again I like to thank the senior members for their help and patient understanding (i.e. read the manual again, and then again..lol) I've had my unit for a little over two months now and there's a lot under the hood. and that's OK. Once I get my bread and butter patches together, it'll be great!
"When your project isn't working, look for the part that you didn't think was important"
www.Bandmix.com/katylyst

rudi rudolf

;)Hi everyone, after 7 years I tried those patches once again...and I still like them! They are played best with a hexaphonic pickup like the Graph Tech Ghost midi pickup ( for example found in godin guitars)....I found out, that Roland gk pickups are a bit too slow for midi conversion...but Roland pickups work better with modelling guitars in the gr-55, where hexaphonic pickups in my ears sound a bit too clinical and lifeless...
Well, after 7 years still loads of fun...thanks everybody for loading down those patches ;D ;D!!!

admin

Quote from: rudi rudolf on August 31, 2018, 05:03:18 AM
;)Hi everyone, after 7 years I tried those patches once again...and I still like them! They are played best with a hexaphonic pickup like the Graph Tech Ghost midi pickup ( for example found in godin guitars)....I found out, that Roland gk pickups are a bit too slow for midi conversion...but Roland pickups work better with modelling guitars in the gr-55, where hexaphonic pickups in my ears sound a bit too clinical and lifeless...
Well, after 7 years still loads of fun...thanks everybody for loading down those patches ;D ;D!!!

Actually  both GK-3 Mag Hex and the Piezo Hex Pickups
( RMC, Graph-Tech) move electrons in their corresponding Analog signal path at similar speed /latency
(Explains why the fastest tracking Guitar to MIDI System today ( Fishman Tripleplay) OEM models (Godin) employ either Magnetic or Piezo Hex pickups for detecting Strings. 

And a well setup GK-3 installed per Roland's specifications (rare), which is then Wax potted after initial installation  (to prevent the GK-3 PU Radius Adjust moveable parts from rattling ) will provide equal or better tracking speed to any competing hex 13 pin hex pickup system. ( Piezo, Atlantis Lightwave optical pickup, etc)
https://www.willcoxguitars.com/product/atlantis-hexfx-guitar/
Explained in this area of the forum

GK 13 pin interface Top things to Know
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=65.0

rudi rudolf

Thanks for your comment... hmm...seems like I didn' t make my homeworks when setting up the gk-3 pickup...