Real world modeled bass wanted

Started by mty_xyz, December 06, 2022, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mty_xyz

Without a doubt the GR55 is and awesome unit that does amazing thing but in the real world of the bass guitar supporting a live band cheesy synths just don't cut it. 
Im looking for some real sounding basses with amp and effects to use with my bass guitar.
Ive heard some outstanding modeled lead guitar sounds and Im sure there are some amazing bass sounds out there too.
If anyone wants to share their whole live patch set that would be absolutely awesome or just one or two.

Antonuzzo

The Roland VB-99 is probably what you're looking for – incredible modelled bass guitars and amps, including a fantastically responsive upright. But, they are really hard to come by.

Check your DMs.

Kevin M

The GR-55 is capable of modeling real bass guitars and bass amps in bass mode.

billbax

Sorry to say, GR55 bass models are a plastic immitation of the real thing.  I've crawled all over the GR55 bass models with my GK3-B Extreme separate strings re-amping hex preamp, and no amount of hands-free patch changing can make it sound like the original. GR55 bass model emulations lack depth and organic 'ring'.

A bit like #77 Fender precision bass on a 1987 Yamaha keyboard. :-[

aliensporebomb

The really interesting thing about the VB-99 is that it has models/algorithms/features the VG-99 didn't.   And vice versa. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Antonuzzo

Quote from: aliensporebomb on December 06, 2022, 06:33:23 PMThe really interesting thing about the VB-99 is that it has models/algorithms/features the VG-99 didn't.   And vice versa. 

The Hofner Violin bass, the acoustic upright and the Trace Elliot are killers. And the Mu-Tron!

mty_xyz

I actually own a GR55.
I think I've been misunderstood I was asking if any bass players use this as a modelling unit. Modeling real bass sounds Chris squire, duff mckagen sounds and the likes.
The modelled guitars are amazing ... Just need the same for my bass