Boss GT 1000 and Tone Studio not working on Mac OSX Ventura

Started by gandalf12, November 12, 2022, 03:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandalf12

Hello,
bought a new Boss GT1000. Installed the latest Version of Firmware, Driver and Tone Studio avaliable at the official Homepage.
But Driver and Tone Studio seems to be outdated to work on newest Mac OSX 13.0.1 Ventura.
I am using a Mac Mini with M1 Processor.
Anyone other has the same problems?
Are there any fixes out there to make it work?
Very annoying for me and very disappointed from Boss as company itself.
Ventura is out a couple of weeks (with a lot of beta preview versions in advance) and Boss is not able to launch working drivers and software just in time.

admin

Quote from: gandalf12 on November 12, 2022, 03:25:26 PMHello,
bought a new Boss GT1000. Installed the latest Version of Firmware, Driver and Tone Studio avaliable at the official Homepage.
But Driver and Tone Studio seems to be outdated to work on newest Mac OSX 13.0.1 Ventura.
I am using a Mac Mini with M1 Processor.
Anyone other has the same problems?
Are there any fixes out there to make it work?
Very annoying for me and very disappointed from Boss as company itself.
Ventura is out a couple of weeks (with a lot of beta preview versions in advance) and Boss is not able to launch working drivers and software just in time.

the GT-1000 USB Driver for Apple M1 should work

gumtown

I have heard on other boards that the current drivers an Tone Studio are woring fine on M1 & M2 Mac's running Ventura.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gandalf12

Hello,
No, the latest GT-1000 USB Driver for Apple M1 does not work. At least for me.
After installing with no problems and restarting MacOS it crashes always (unexpected) when launching the GT-1000 Driver Setup.
When inspecting the crash log in Console it is stated defenetely as a problem with the driver software and not e.g. Tone Studio.
Downloaded, Installed and checked a couple of times. Still always the same problem with crashing GT-1000 driver on my M1 machine.
Did a parallel install on Mac System with Intel CPU and MacOSX Ventura and there it is working fine.
So, it seems to be obviously that the problem is a incompatible driver on M1 machines with MacOS 13.0.1.
Maybe someone can confirm, or post a fix for that.

admin

Quote from: gandalf12 on November 13, 2022, 04:02:08 AMHello,
No, the latest GT-1000 USB Driver for Apple M1 does not work. At least for me.
After installing with no problems and restarting MacOS it crashes always (unexpected) when launching the GT-1000 Driver Setup.
When inspecting the crash log in Console it is stated defenetely as a problem with the driver software and not e.g. Tone Studio.
Downloaded, Installed and checked a couple of times. Still always the same problem with crashing GT-1000 driver on my M1 machine.
Did a parallel install on Mac System with Intel CPU and MacOSX Ventura and there it is working fine.
So, it seems to be obviously that the problem is a incompatible driver on M1 machines with MacOS 13.0.1.
Maybe someone can confirm, or post a fix for that.

Be absolutely sure your Mac has zero legacy 32 bit USB Drivers from other gear.

Must use only 64 bit USB Drivers

gandalf12

Hello,
doublechecked that there is no 32 Bit Software and Drivers are installed at my system.
The crash log says that the problem is here:
Process:               MIDIServer
Path:                  /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/MIDIServer

So, anyone has an idea?

admin

Quote from: gandalf12 on November 13, 2022, 01:20:35 PMHello,
doublechecked that there is no 32 Bit Software and Drivers are installed at my system.
The crash log says that the problem is here:
Process:              MIDIServer
Path:                  /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMIDI.framework/MIDIServer

So, anyone has an idea?

Common fault is an old MidiSport MIDI driver

https://forum.derivative.ca/t/solved-macos-monterey-12-1-and-touchdesigner-2021-15800-on-mini-m1-touchdesigner-didnt-start/233388

gandalf12

Hello,
i have no old MIDI driver installed.
The only MIDI driver that is installed came from the Boss driver installation.
Exactly this installed driver is responsible for the crashes.
It is called. jp.co.roland.RDUUSB217Midi.plugin
When looking at Apples System information under the point Software-> deactivated Sofware: exactly this MIDI pluging is listed (the only one) as deactivated by the system with the reason: No user content
Did a lot of google research but cant find a solution how to activate the plugin itself again.
The installation of the driver itself creates no failure warning.

admin

Quote from: gandalf12 on November 14, 2022, 01:38:29 AMHello,
i have no old MIDI driver installed.
The only MIDI driver that is installed came from the Boss driver installation.
Exactly this installed driver is responsible for the crashes.
It is called. jp.co.roland.RDUUSB217Midi.plugin
When looking at Apples System information under the point Software-> deactivated Sofware: exactly this MIDI pluging is listed (the only one) as deactivated by the system with the reason: No user content
Did a lot of google research but cant find a solution how to activate the plugin itself again.
The installation of the driver itself creates no failure warning.
Contact BOSS using your Roland Backstage Pass

gandalf12

Hello,
i opened a support ticket with a detailed failure description.
Maybe i will get a answer from support...

gandalf12

Got a answer from the support team, faster than expected:

We are currently working on the development of Ventura drivers, and we hope that they will be available as soon as possible. You can find more info here:

BOSS - Support - Support News - Compatibility with macOS Ventura (macOS 13) (Apple Silicon)

Please check regularly the download page:

BOSS - GT-1000 | Guitar Effects Processor

I apologize for the momentary inconvenience,
Have a nice day

So, now its official stated that, for the time beeing, there is no official working driver for macOS 13 Ventura.
Hope they will fix it ASAP

admin

same situation occurs every time this time of year for past 5 years

there is always a 3-5 month gap each October of non compatibility with latest annual revision of macOS -

(documented here )

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9763.125#msg248641

SteelBreeze

Any updates to this issue?  Still not pairing w/ the GT1000 from my Ventura-installed MacBook.

Elantric

dfalck

I bought a Mac Mini M1 running Ventura, in January, and have successfully installed Boss Tone Studio on it. I don't recall anything special about the install.

VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.

dfalck

One thing I do have trouble with, on my GT1000 Core, is the micro usb connector being flaky. Sometimes BTS doesn't connect with the Core and I have to unplug and plug in the usb cable and restart BTS to get things working.
VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.