Recording unprocessed signal simultaneously with GR 55 output simultaneously

Started by palermodmd@gmail.com, September 29, 2022, 01:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palermodmd@gmail.com

I'd like to use my GR 55 patches but need to capture an unprocessed signal at the same time. I have a Scarlet 2i2 interface. I've used the GR into Logic Pro with no trouble. Want to end up with two separate tracks: one processed by GR; second track same guitar part unprocessed.

What's the recommended method? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

gumtown

The only option you have with the GR-55 itself is to record the processed signal (PCM synths and/or modeled guitar/synth and/or normal pickup guitar) Left & Right output as one stereo track, and the GR-55 "Guitar Out" which can be the raw (no amp or effects) modeled guitar/synth and/or normal guitar pickup to another track.

If you want the hexaphonic guitar signal, then you will need a custom "breakout box" and available 6 inputs/tracks to record.
alternatively you can take a cable direct from the normal pickups from the guitar to one recording input, and just the modeled guitar for the GR-55 "guitar out" (guitar out options are selectable).

If you want unprocessed PCM synths, then switch off any effects and Amp modeling in that GR-55 patch, and set the internal routing of the two PCM synths to "bypass".
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

palermodmd@gmail.com

Thank you for the reply!!!

Please bear with me. I don't have the vocabulary so I have to describe, clumsily I admit, in prose:

So I'm clear, you say:

"... alternatively you can take a cable direct from the normal pickups from the guitar to one recording input, and just the modeled guitar for the GR-55 "guitar out" (guitar out options are selectable)."

To actually do this I'm guessing that the guitar out from the GR would go to channel 1 of the Scarlet and the guitar cable from the standard jack on the guitar would go to channel 2. Is that what you mean?

Again, my thanks for your patience and expertise!

gumtown

Yes, so but in the GR-55 you may need to check/change a setting so the "guitar out" of the GR-55 is sending only Modeled guitar.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/