GR-55 - Joe Satriani - Patch - Always with me, always with you

Started by Frazão, August 31, 2022, 10:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frazão

Hi, everyone

If someone has this patch, please, share with us: Satriani's song "Always with me, always with you"! Thanks a lot!!

Jim Williams

It sounds like there some things going on with that tone that may be difficult to pull off with the GR-55. The first clean guitar is basic enough, A clean compressed guitar with a very slight delay on it. The second clean guitar sounds like he recorded it with a Rockman headphone amp. You could get that sound from a clean direct guitar with compression, delay and an EQ with generous low and mid cuts to bring out the chimney hi end. Joes main sound is what you might be looking for. Joe is famous for using a Marshal JVM for the main part of his sound. I would try to use the 5150-amp model with a lower gain to it. The thing you will find on his pedal board is the Boss DS-1 pedal and use it to push the front end of the amp. On the track it sounds like he might be hitting an EQ pedal first to boost the mids of his guitar first, but you can't do that in the GR-55. I think the DS-1 will get you most of the way there. set your delays to BPM and set the patch BPM to 144. From there the delays should be either 1/4 notes or dotted 1/8.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.